Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Misty

Celia and Jimmy allowed me to take Misty for walks along Hatchbank Road on a Thursday morning just as if she was part of a family out for a morning walk. She was one of the smartest greyhounds I have ever walked.

Misty was so alert and interested in everything. She would walk on the tips of all four paws trying to peep over the dykes to see what was on the other side. Once she was satisfied, she would relax and wander along the verges sniffing out the wildlife until we came to a gate. Then it was a good look into the field and back on to the tiptoes to make sure she wasn't missing anything. We would go into the woods at the side of the road and dawdle along, leaving no interesting stone, leaf, or tree-trunk unconsidered.
One day I turned left to give her a change of scenery and we walked along to the bridge so that she could see the traffic passing underneath her. She was puzzled by that but the noise didn't faze her in the least.
Always on the way back she walked so well that I had to keep checking she was still on the end of the lead.

I am so pleased she slept away peacefully. Rest in Peace, Misty. You will always be remembered. In life you belonged to every one at the kennels and now you are at home with me.

Re: Misty

A lovely tribute to Misty. She'd have loved to be yours, so it's very fitting you've adopted her.

Re: Misty

I am still in shock, still can't get my hound round the fact she is gone, trying to console myself that she didn't suffer and went quickly.

Misty was a dog who loved people, wanted to be around them ...but dogs that was a different matter!

Thank you Jess for taking time out with her and going that extra distance. She was clever and very alert, nothing passed her.

Anji x