Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Firework Cartoon from Facebook (Revenge of the Canines)

Just had to share this cartoon!
After a another bad fireworks MONTH with Billy!

You guessed It, That is Billy doing his best Pee on the fireworks and getting his own back for all his unsettled nights with the loud bangs.

Thanks to Off The Leash for a great cartoon!!!

George, Morag,

Billy & Lassie

Re: Firework Cartoon from Facebook (Revenge of the Canines)

Quite ..... Bootsie was miserable too - shaking, panting and generally unhappy. It is SO unfair on them :-(

Susan.

Great cartoon!!

My Poppy is having another frightened, shaking,panting evening.

The fireworks should only be allowed for one night only!!

Elaine & Steven

Well said!

As I mentioned in the Newsletter, the SSPCA is running a campaign to restrict the sale, and use, of fireworks. There is a letter on their website which you can print off and send to your MP / MSP.

What annoys me is when the shops reduce the price of the fireworks, after the 5th November, then a lot of youngsters buy them, and do daft things with them - like stealing Jen's wheelie bin and filling it full of fireworks before setting them off ...............

Bootsie sympathises with Poppy :-(

Susan x

Thanks so much for this info Susan.

We gave her tablets from the vets and have the dap defuser on also.

Hope Bootsie is ok. Love

Elaine & Steven xxxxx

I totally agree! If they were only one night then you could prepare for that and deal with it. We had fireworks going off for 3 weeks beforehand and only have stopped recently. We actually took a trip up to Dornoch to a lovely pet friendly house for the week of fireworks. Quincy loved it! Peace & tranquility, however the first evening we returned home he was a quivering wreck in the wardrobe because of fireworks being set off. I think the shops and supermarkets have alot to answer for when they are advertising buy one get one free!

Karen

Totally agree - letter on SSPCA website if you want to complain to your MP / SSP.

Susan.