Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forever Dog

Having read the sad story of Susie returning to the rescue centre, I have to agree that it must have been so distressing for her - in 'human' terms, think of her as a toddler having been adopted and settled in with a family and then suddenly returned to the orphanage! I have had BlooBloo for nearly three months now and it would break my heart in two to be parted from her - it is certainly a HUGE commitment when you adopt a dog (just like having a new baby in the house!) but the unconditional love you get immediately and forever totally cancels out any potential drawbacks. We don't know the exact circumstances that caused the family to return Susie, but two months is a comparatively short time between taking the momentous decision to take on a dog and then to reverse that decision ... Hopefully Susie will be re-adopted really quickly and find her permanent 'niche'!

Re: Forever Dog

such a shame when they've been used to a home life and they get handed back but i am glad blue blue has settled well, she was always affectionate and i could see her settling very well into a life of leisure she always was looking for a seat whilst her litter mates were off finding mischief

this is her at 15 weeks old,