Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
greys and knitting

Inspired by the beautiful knitted ornaments on sale after the Beveridge Park walk my daughter Maud decided to make a few knitting dolly snakes to sell and raise money for GRF. Unfortunately Trevor (formerly Tyson) also took a serious interest-first dragging the whole ball of wool and a half finished 'snake' into his crate. The crime was clearly marked by a trail of wool leading from the sitting room to our lovely grey's mound of duvets. The following night two finished snakes disappeared into the depths of Trevor's crate. Clearly, in the middle of the night, he had made a point of sniffing out these woollen creatures and dragging them off to his lair. Fortunately I was able to recover them in one piece which had not been the case the first time around. As we love knitting ought we to lock up our balls of wool or maybe leave some out special for our long nosed boy?
By the way love the forum-has been ever so helpful to us in learning how to best take care of a greyhound.

Re: greys and knitting

Hi Jeannette.
We had a great laugh at Trevor's antics. He obviously has reptilian interests, but I think that hiding all things woolen could be the order of the day. He is obviously very happy in his home.
Jimmy.

The solution is to get Trevor his own needles and wool and then he can help too lol.
I have another knitting pattern for a woollen hat with a knitted greyhound head on top instead of a pompom. If you remember Julie's fleece hat at the Kirkcaldy walk it is very like that. If anyone would like a copy please let me know and I can email it to you.

Michele

Hi its Maud here Trev has been a bit naughty as we said he has been dragging my knitting into his basket it really is the cutest thing ever he just pranced into the room and I could see he was looking for something when he started sniffing my little snakes I could see the cheeky look in his eyes he then grabbed it and pranced away to his day bed with me chasing after him this happened about five or so times!!! Unfortunatly one of the snakes lost its eye but I can easly sow it back on again if you want one they cost £1.00 each and please send me an email I will gladly send you one

Here are some pictures of Trevor with his knitting sent by Jeannette and Maud.

Trevor 1

Trevor 2

Trevor 3

Trevor 4

Hi Michele
Trevor's favourite game is to pull the knitting apart so teaching him to knit might take a bit of doing! I would be interested in the hat pattern. If it is no trouble could you please email it to me? jeannettepascale@hotmail.com

Thanks, Jeannette

hope you like the pictures... enjoy
Maud
maudjoseph@hotmail.co.uk