Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bad weather:

Don't know about anyone else, but Bootsie HATES this weather !!!!!!

He shivers, he shakes himself, and that's WITH his big coat on ..........

Are all greyhounds like this, or do we just have a particularly sensitive soul ?!?

Susan x

Re: Bad weather:

Hi Susan
Laughing here your not alone read my post hahahaha
see you around Rosyth
Mary

We have a lovely padded coat for Lucy to wear, but she HATES it. She refuses to 'do her business' while wearing it, so kinda defeats the purpose of wearing it for a walk. She just looks at me like I am off my head when I put it on her. She goes for a walk every morning and later afternoon, preferring to use the back garden in between and for her late night loo visit, but refuses to go for her walk (feet planted and its not easy to shift 35 kgs!)when the weather is snowy or raining! Just bolts off round the back to do her necessary and runs back in the house! Thought they were hardy animals used to living in kennels!! Wimp! lol

God forbid Eddie gets snow on his paws or a flake on his nose. Murder!!!! How dare snow fall anywhere near him. It's easier for his paws to be amputated than contemplate placing them on that stuff. As for Wisp she can't possibly put her bum down to pee in the snow. Why would I expect her delicate little bum to sit down on harsh white stuff that freezes her instantly and she will most probably die from frostbite of the bum. Sensitive is an understatement here!

Hi trish
lol glad i,m not alone. Hardy???? think they get used to the comforts of home too quick lol

My four are all different. Kim quite likes the snow, Foxy is impervious to most things, Bryn is OK once he gets out in it, and Dylan's teeth start chattering in anticipation while he's having his coat put on!
They all have warm 'blizzard' coats and, when you take them off after a walk, they're really toasty underneath - Dylan would keep his on all day while snuggled up by the radiator given half a chance

2 of the kennel dogs had me fooled yesterday into looking for injuries/foreign bodies in their paws, as they started to limp when I had them out .....till I twigged I had just walked through some slush....... the limp magically disappeared after I had cleaned their paws off.........

My boy Rick holds his paws up when the snow gets impacted in them. This involves me having to clean the snow out with my hands. This of course is no problem, I think it must hurt like an icecream headache in his feet...

Been soaked twice today in snow and hail, turned round at one point and Rick was walking with his eyes nearly shut. Roll on spring.

Well, just to be different, Kell loves the snow! He leaps around the garden like a mentalist and between laps he stops to eat the snow. Then again, he's the only dog on the walks who lies down in the sea...

Dare to be different .... what a good boy :-)

Susan x

Sonic absolutly loves the snow!!! Usually he is dragging behind when he goes out for a walk, but when theres snow he's out in front. He gets very excited and dances about... Shame the snow is so rare really