Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fundraising by Ebay, Boot Fairs, Clothes recycling

Hi everyone

Pat and I have had to make a hard decision.

For personal reasons we can no longer fund raise for GRF by selling items on Ebay, Boot Fairs and clothes recycling.

This is not an easy decision for us to make.

So we are hoping someone out there would be prepared to take over the selling of items on Ebay. Over the past 18 months-2 years we have raised just over £2600.00 so it is well worth doing. However, it does take up a fair bit of time with the photography, listing the items, packaging and dispatch and keeping records of all the sales.

If anyone would be prepared to take this over please email me on
kbrundell@btinternet.com and I will pass the information on. I still have some items to sell so it would not need to be an immediate change over.

We have also been doing boot fairs in Dundee with the fantastic help of Michelle and Nic. We will have one or two more but maybe some of you could run a table at a boot fair now and then.

We cannot take any more clothing for recycling. However, this does not need to stop. There are recycling shops in Dundee, Perth, Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath, Glenrothes, Stirling and Dunfermline and probably others around too. If you could take your surplus clothing to these shops yourselves and hand the money over to Celia and Jimmy at the kennels or at the walks, then this source of income could be continued.

I will continue to take old Christmas cards as I still intend to make some gift tags for next Xmas. Also I still intend to make some cards for sale at the kennels and will probably knit some more Christmas decorations for later this year.

As I said before, this was not an easy decision. Pat and I admire Celia and Jimmy so much for what they do, as well as all the volunteers at the kennels and others who also fund raise.

We are just hoping that others out there will be able to take on the Ebay etc.

Kaz and Pat Brundell
Jade and Ace

Re: Fundraising by Ebay, Boot Fairs, Clothes recycling

I'm sure everyone will join me in thanking you for all you have done in this regard - it is time consuming and requires dedication, well done.

Thank you Isobel

Kaz and Pat x

You have both done a marvellous job over the last couple of years with fundraising such a huge amount of money for the kennels. Many homeless hounds have had a better life thanks to all the money you have raised.

Thank you Christine.

I was just hoping someone could take the ebay account over so this can continue.

Thanks for your comments

Kaz Brundell

Have left bags of Xmas cards and a bag of CD's at. Greyhound Rescue Fife yesterday. Celia and Jimmy weren't there. Left them with Sean.

I have had a final count of money raised by selling items on ebay

The total is just over £2700.00

Unfortunately, I have had not offers from anyone to take this over from me which is a shame as it has been a steady earner for Celia and Jimmy.

Please remember, I can no longer sell items on ebay or recycle clothing so please do not leave items at the kennels.

Regards
Kaz Brundell

Hi Kaz,

I would be happy to sell items for GRF on eBay - I already have an eBay account with 822 (100%) feedback - did you have a dedicated GRF page, or would it be acceptable to use my own page?

Was good to see you Pat, Ace & Jade at the show on Sunday.

Cheers,
Susan.

Hi Susan

If you want to drop me an email I can go over things with you

kbrundell@btinternet.com

Thanks for offering to sell on ebay.

Kaz and Pat x