Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shiny New GRF Blog

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would let you all know that I have recently built a new blog for us. Those of you who do not know what a blog is, it is similar to our forum here but it can house more features and is available to a wider audience.

The main reason I set this up was to try and get the word out about our lovely doggies. My hope is to get a full on, worldwide greyhound community blogging away and helping each other, asking questions and so on. My main target is those people who are considering getting a greyhound and want to know what sort of pets greyhounds make, but the blog is open for anyone who has an interest greyhounds.

Please help get the ball rolling and take a look around. It is nowhere near complete but once it is fully up and running it should be great.

Hopefully we can get a few dogs re homed as a result!

The blog address is : http://greyhound-rescue-fife.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Shiny New GRF Blog

Brilliant idea Sean. Well done you. I have joined. Anything that advertises the greyhounds can only be a blessing.

Kaz, Pat, Ace and Jade

Very good indeed. I have also become a member and posted the address on GRF facebook page. Hope it is ok.

Ok, so I'm obviously being thick ........ how do I join / become a member?

Susan.

Sean! Well done! You are a handyman of GRF, using your enthusiasm, intelligence, resourcefulness and computer skills. And...a fantastic personality!
I think Celia and Jimmy are very happy to have you at GRF. So young, so good! Very commendable!
I really like to view GRF's dogs on Rescue Scottish Pets! At last and well deserved!

Thank you so much Stan! That really means a lot, you have truly brightened up my day!

I am so proud to be part of GRF - they are a huge light in my life and every single person I have met there has been so kind and friendly, there is always a happy smile to greet you in there. You have all given me so much, so I will give as much as I can back.

Thank you all for letting me be a part of GRF, you have all changed my life considerably and I hope to be with you all for many, many years to come!

Anything I can do to help the dogs is time well spent in my eyes: It's all for the wee doggies at the kennel! the more people know about them, the better!

Stan, I hope to see you at the kennel soon my friend - I have not seen you in ages!

OK Susan, and anyone else who would like to join:

Its nice an easy: I believe to become a member you will require a Google plus or a gmail account. It takes two minutes to create one if you don't have one. Just go to the blog and click the blue "join this site" button on the right.

You can also apply for an email subscription by putting your email address in the "Follow us be email" box.

Just let me know if you need a hand, I used to work in IT remember!

That goes for everyone else as well, any computer trouble, just let me know. I'll get it sorted for you!

just was looking at "meet our dogs" bit, love it

who is the dog on the main picture?

Hi Monika,

That is Susie, she has been re-homed but it was really the only decent photo I have of one of the hounds! Every time you try to take a picture of the dogs their main focus is what the camera smells like and you end up with a lens full of nose and not much else...

I plan to take my camera in and snap some better ones (Hopefully!) and make the page look nice and fancy

We are pleased to have joined the Blog Sean!!

Thank you for your hard work setting up the Blog it is looking good. Since you have uploaded the Resident hounds onto the Blog we can only hope it helps find forever homes for some of them.

To make it easier to get to the new Greyhound Rescue Fife Blog that Sean has set up here is a clickable link!!!

Greyhound Rescue Fife Blog

It is easy to join if you have a existing Google account and help get the Blog established.

Lets all give Sean some support!!!

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie

Hi Sean,
I think this is a great initiative and I have signed up for e-mail alerts. I work from home and spend most of the day on my computer so I don't do blogs and social networks - I'd rather be out walking the dogs when I have time off!
I am, however, conditioned/addicted to logging in to the GRF web-site (thank you John) so I shall probably always post on the forum, but I think it's great to widen the horizons and give the hounds every chance of finding a home.
I think people who work in IT must have infinite patience, as computer technology drives me to distraction on occasion (it's probably an age thing ). So that makes you equally well qualified to deal with greyhounds and bloggers .
I shall follow with interest.
Marion

Many thanks Marion!