Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
greyhound found

can anyone help. Our vets in doune,stirlingshire phoned to say a member of the public had handed in a greyhound they had found. male black wearing a collar well looked after around 7-9 yrs old they reckon. He is chipped but when they rang the number listed which was in edinburgh they were told that the people hadn't lived there for a couple of years. The poor dog is now at Bandeath Kennels, throsk and unless claimed or re-homed I think he will end up being put to sleep. The vets phoned us first as they thought it might be Bob sadly Kenny and I cant do anything as Bob wouldn't tolerate another male I dont think and at the moment we are trying to save his tail from being docked as he has damaged the end of it with excessive wagging ! Does anyone know anything or how we can help...

Re: greyhound found

liz pratt
can anyone help. Our vets in doune,stirlingshire phoned to say a member of the public had handed in a greyhound they had found. male black wearing a collar well looked after around 7-9 yrs old they reckon. He is chipped but when they rang the number listed which was in edinburgh they were told that the people hadn't lived there for a couple of years. The poor dog is now at Bandeath Kennels, throsk and unless claimed or re-homed I think he will end up being put to sleep. The vets phoned us first as they thought it might be Bob sadly Kenny and I cant do anything as Bob wouldn't tolerate another male I dont think and at the moment we are trying to save his tail from being docked as he has damaged the end of it with excessive wagging ! Does anyone know anything or how we can help...

Have you called Celia and Jimmy to see if they have kennel space to take him if he stays unclaimed? From the 'Contact Us' tab on the main website - Celia and Jimmy Telephone 01592 890583. Mobile 07826 244765 E-mail FERNIEJIMMYF@aol.com

Hi Liz,
In the last ten days we have taken in 10 dogs, 5 of whom were getting put to sleep. At the moment we are totally full. If we were given time we could take the dog. What are the dog's earmarks ? We might be able to trace its owner.
Celia and Jimmy.

hi celia and jimmy I plan to find out more about this boy. Can go to bandeath and find out more and get ear tags. Also wondering if the vets would give us a name of the person they called ? Or rather thought they were calling. good luck for friday celia . x