Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SATURDAY'S RACE NIGHT AT THORNTON TRACK.

Hi Folks.
On Saturday night at 7.30pm Thornton race track are holding a race night where the proceeds will go to the benefit of the Greyhound Rescue Fife homeless greyhounds.
The meeting is kindly being allowed by the track owners Paul and Sandy and is being organised by trainers George Allan and James Shand. George is employed by BP who have kindly agreed to match any proceeds.
We are allowed a stall at the track so any helpers or visitors would be welcome.
We would like to thank Paul, Sandy, George, James and BP for allowing all this to happen for our rescue dogs.
Jimmy and Celia.

Re: SATURDAY'S RACE NIGHT AT THORNTON TRACK.

Celia will, of course, miss this event.
Jimmy.

Just returned from the meeting at Thornton tonight which I believe would have been a great night for everyone concerned.... Big crowd at Thornton for the racers, which promotes the racing - but which also tonight promoted what Celia, Jimmy and everyone else involved with GRF does for the local community and welfare of our local greyhounds- a HUGE, HUGE THANK YOU for that and what BRILLIANT people you all are. I was very privileged and humbled to be able to have some in depth conversations with the people who attended the track tonight and who give their support to GRF day in day out.
What brilliant people you are.!!!!!!!! and I enjoyed your company immensely tonight---- Hope the tips were OK.LOL.

Give you a laugh though.!!!!!!!!!

I sent "Buster" up some time ago to GRF to be rehomed and I come home tonight after the meeting and was telling the family of the merits of GRF and how good a night it was at Thornton tonight and that Buster was still at Kinross and still holding his foot up, which he does.
I also said it was a pity Celia wasn`t there tonight, as I got a good blether with Jimmy and it would have been nice to see Celia and congratulate her on her recent honour.
No sooner had the words passed my lips but my 5 year old grandson ( who must have been listening I`m sure ) said ..."Don`t worry Grandad she`s maybe got her forever home". .......Didn`t know whether to laugh or cry ??????.
Best wishes Everyone at GRF.

Aw no!!! I'm gutted I missed this. I took some friends to Thornton a few weeks back to watch the racing but didn't realise this night was on it I would have came along :(

No worried! I'm sure tere will be others :)