Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Show

Just wanted to say we had a brilliant time at the show. As We don't have a dog I was delighted to have a homeless hound for the day. My allocated hound however, realised I was a novice and took full advantage so......

I would like to apologise to the people on the "Pluck A Duck" stand for not noticing my dog was drinking the water. Got her away before the Ducks ran aground

Apologies also to the young boy who lost two of his lunch cocktail sausages as we passed...he and his Family were very understanding - I think they must own a Grey!

I appreciate why my dog did not get chosen for any awards, she showed her backside to the judge and got caught up in the rope around the ringside. To be fair she was only saying hello to her audience, you have to work the crowd after all!

I sat down to have a cheese roll and ended up with a paw on each of my shoulders and was nose to nose with the rascal. A stare out ensued until I was allowed to have my roll on condition she got a dog treat from the goody bag. She's a beautiful dog and hopefully she'll find a new home soon as she's a laugh a minute

Re: Dog Show

I am really sorry JB. I did find what you had written very funny!! I have two greyhounds from GRF. The very 1st dog show i went to, Bella had walked backwards out of her collar and was running round everyone while Jimmy was talking in the arena. The thing was NO ONE thought to grab her for me. They just watched me running round trying to get hold of her!!.
So,please never that it only happens to you!.

Ha! I am the sort of person who would laugh at someone running to catch their grehound but karma seems to get you in the end and it was my turn yesterday. Did I imagine I heard a slight snigger though as they handed me the most angelic looking dog ever? I didn't appreciate till yesterday just what characters they are but I like that in a pet.
Roll on August when I can get a greyhound of my own! 35 years since I've had a dog - wish me luck!

Reading this made me laugh too. Brilliant!

Hi JB
Thanks for the laugh tthis morning, just arrived at work and this has set me up for the day
All the best when you get your grey
Mary. Missy an Pancho

Hi Mary
Glad to hear I cheered you up. We all need a laugh at the start oh the working day😁
Jen