Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pictures and programme from our 2013 dog show

We are pleased to again share the pictures from this year’s dog show with you.
This year we are dedicating all the pictures to George’s Mum (your show photographer mum) Nanette Petrie who sadly passed away last June. We were pleased to sponsor this year’s trophies and Rosettes in her name this year.

Show Trophies Certificate

Rosettes Certificate

We would also like to dedicate the pictures to Celia and Jimmy Fernie who with their passion to save Greyhounds have brought many of us together through their goal becoming part of the Greyhound Rescue Fife family. We have formed many good friendships and through this our annual dog show was born and has gone from strength to strength.
We would also like to dedicate the pictures to Alex and Lynne Morrison who had the idea of a dog show six years ago and we are proud to be part of that Idea. Finally we have to thank everyone else that gives up their time to help Greyhound Rescue Fife in any way. Whether at the dog show or volunteering at the kennels it all makes a difference. Thank You!!!

This will give you a chance to relive some of the highlights of the show. Or if you were unable to attend it will give you an idea of the atmosphere that was enjoyed by everyone and their dogs. You will be able to see from the pictures it was a fun day which was enjoyed by everyone at the show.

Please enjoy the pictures at your leisure and download any of them if you wish!!

Our major sponsor for the dog show.

The front page of the programme.

Click here to view programme

Sponsors wall advert.

Click here to view all the pictures

The highlights

The Rosette’s,Trophies and Bandana's

The Major food prizes from our sponsors

Junior Handler

Male Greyhound

Non Greyhound

Homeless hounds

Stalls

Family of dogs

Loveable face

Female Greyhound

Final

6th

5th

4th

3rd

2nd

1st

Click here to view all the pictures

Hope you enjoy them and we look forward to do it again next year in 2014!!!

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie

Re: Pictures and programme from our 2013 dog show

Hi George and Morag.
Thank you so much for yet again producing such a professional array of photos.
They really are excellent.
George, you have the deepest sympathies of all of us for the loss of your dear Mum.
Sincere good wishes.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi George,

The photos are fantastic, as ever!

The dedication in the programme, to your Mum, was very touching - brought a lump to our throats - we are so sorry for your loss.

All the best,
Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

George

Thank you very much for the comments and also thank you for bringing the day to everyone who were unfortunate not to make not just this show but the previous 5 as well with some excellent snap shots as ever see you again next year

Also thank you very much for your generous donation/sponsorship of our show in memory of your late mum. I am sure she would be looking down with a smile knowing that you have once again brought the day alive with your pics of the day

Thank you!!!!
I so love your show pictures, as we don't get to the show due to Bryn getting freaked out after about 5 minutes in the barn - he has a lot of emotional baggage to carry around (bless!).
Also commiserations re Mum Petrie - my Mum passed away last September and I don't think anything really prepares you for the enduring sense of loss.
Your photo tribute was lovely,
Marion

Hi Marion,

Can I ask .... what form does Bryn's 'freaking out' take ??? Bootsie has, for the past two years, howled and barked all through the show

This year, I put him in the car for half an hour - to give everyone a bit of peace - and when I went back to him, he had chewed through one of the headrests. He is not a destructive boy usually.

He seemed happy enough, as his tail wagged throughout, but wouldn't like to stress him ......

Susan x

Hi Susan,
Yes, I thought about you when I read that Bootsie had been 'vocal' at the show. Bryn just starts barking like mad, and seems really stressed. The first time, it seemed to be the wind blowing the barn doors and making a noise that set him off (in the ring!). The second time, it seemed to start when someone started squeaking toys and other dogs were barking. He was really on edge, even after I'd quietened him down a bit. I tried leaving him in the car too - no damage done but he was wildly over-excited when we went back to check on him. I put it down to fear, which is why I don't make him do it any more. He's fine at greyhound meetings in the open air.
Must be something in their racing past, I think - maybe an incident in the traps? Bryn is quite a complex chap - very loving and in need of reassurance at home but with a high chase instinct and prey drive. He's just turned 9 so I'm hoping old age and experience will calm him down - he mellows a bit each year
Bootsie seems like a much more laid back character so I'm not sure what the trigger is, or what would have prompted him to destroy your headrest. I'd guess at stressed (by something) then annoyed at being left out - naughty (but lovely) boy! How can he be a Rover Reporter when he's shut in the car!?