Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fernie update?

Hi Guys,
I'm just snowed under with work (and greyhounds!) at the moment so looking for an update on the health and tempers of the King (and Queen)- pins of GRF?
I can't see a window to visit for a while so can you please keep us updated on progress?
Jock is fab and mending well but I'm slightly concerned that there's little sign of hair regrowth yet and he stays quite skinny, even though he eats like a horse-hound! I guess recovery from the trauma of a major op takes time. Apart from his mile-long tail, he is characterised by astonishingly prolific salivary glands, an occasionally imbecilic tongue, a proboscis-like nose that can swivel in all directions, and a heart of pure gold. I do so hope he stays well for a long time.
He sends J-J cuddles to those who saved his life.
Marionxx
PS In case readers think I just got lucky, Jock also has some quite naughty/ unattractive habits that we won't go into

Re: Fernie update?

Hi Marion.
Thank you for enquiring.
Jimmy is back to his grumpy normal self while Celia is getting better but is still in pain. She now has one leg decidedly longer than the other. The surgeon will examine her on June 6th.
Thanks for looking after wee Jock. So glad he is in your happy home.
Best wishes to you, Mike and the doggies.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Jimmy & Celia,
Good luck with the consultant on 6th June, Celia. As I understand it, this apparent difference in leg length can be a temporary thing, while the tendons and muscles get sorted out. Hopefully that will be the case, but I'm sorry you still have pain. I'll call you after the consultation.
Re Jock, he is a joy to have around, but he does like to have his family with him, so maybe his last owner having to leave him for periods on the oil rigs upset him. He lies and gazes deep into my soul and I often wonder what went on in his life before. Some pain for sure but he's beginning to wag that mile-long-tail a bit more and get playful with the mad Foxy-vixen, who is the instigator of all things mischievous, and not above landing him with the blame Love her to bits.
Thank you for my family

Hi Marion.
Celia is no better, but no worse. We'll see what 06/06 brings.
We're delighted for Jock. We knew as soon as you took him he was in safe hands.
We are delighted to have given you your family. Thank you so much for taking them all into your loving home.
Speak soon.
Celia and Jimmy.