Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JAKE.

Hi Folks.
Every regular at the kennels knew our Jake, the quiet man.
Sadly Jake had bone cancer. We kept him while he was still pretty pain free but he rapidly deteriorated and we were forced to say goodbye to him yesterday.
Jake never once made a mess in the house.
Jake had zero aggression towards everyone and everything.
Jake did not chew things.
Jake very rarely barked and Jake loved his mummy and daddy - - - and yoghurt.
He was rehomed in 2005 but was returned by his daddy since his mummy aged 45 died of cancer and his daddy worked 12 hour shifts. We put Jake in a kennel. Next day his legs were torn and bleeding. We suspected a rat. We took him home and attended to him for a week. We put him back in the kennel. Later that day his legs were shredded again. He was self-harming because he missed his loving home so much. We took him home to stay and he never self harmed again. He could not live without a mummy and daddy.
He lived with us for 6 years and never caused a moment's trouble.
Heaven decided that someone else needed such a wonderful boy so we had to say goodbye.
We wish that the rest of our hooligans were as good as him.
Our home is much darker and Heaven a lot lighter.
Run free over Rainbow Bridge dear boy. Your mummy and daddy loved you as much as you loved us.
R.I.P. Jake, 12 September 2002 - 30 May 2013.

Re: JAKE.

Hi Jimmy and Celia,

I'm so sorry to hear about Jake. He'll be very much missed. I hope you are both ok.

Karen x

It's never easy to say goodbye, is it? Jake was obviously a well loved boy who had a happy life with you. Hugs to you both.

Sorry to hear your news about Jake. But you gave him a wonderful loving home and he will always be looking down on you with love.

Hope you are both ok.

Love Kaz, Pat, Ace and Jade xx

So sorry for your lost
Jake sounded like the best of boys

Mags

Run free over rainbow bridge Jake. Yor mummy & daddy are sad that you have gone but relieved that you are pain free. Thoughts are with you .

JAKE.

Darling Jake with his daddy.

Darling Jake with his daddy.

So sorry to hear about Jake.... Run free Jake

Our thoughts, and love, are with you - we know what a special boy Jake was.

Run free sweet Jake - you will never be forgotten, and you will live on in the hearts of your Mummy & Daddy.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Celia & Jimmy

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Pamela

You may well have come across this poem yourselves but I found it when we lost our grey, Fergus, and I thought of it when I heard about Jake.

“We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan.”

― Irving Townsend

Hi Guys,
I was just thinking of posting a cheery update on Jock when I discovered your sad news. You (and your other 'hooligans') will be missing him hugely, and that process just has to be gone through, no matter how much you know it was a kindness in the end and how much love you shared to make his life happy again. You'd think you could handle the loss better with successive dogs but it just doesn't work that way and my heart goes out to you both.
The saving grace is that the ones left behind give you the strength to get up and do it all again.
Marionxx

Dear Celia and Jimmy,
I really feel for you guys having lost Goldie to osteo only a couple of months ago. Jake could not have had a better life and hopefully he and Goldie and Susie and all our other friends we've lost are together enjoying life beyond the bridge

Michele x

So sorry to hear about Jake. Thinking about you at this difficult time.

Elaine, Steve and our 3 hounds. xxx

Hi Guys!

I have been thinking about you and Jake since I visited the Kennels a few weeks ago. I can only sympathise and offer my best condolences. I know it's sad, but like you said: "I wont see him suffer." And thats the bottom line.

Many wonderful moments will be remembered and although your house is now a darker place, light will again arrive and be brightened by the memories of Jake.

We are thinking of you and your family and in-between also Booker.

Keep strong.

I'm always saddened and touched to hear stories of hounds passing. Poor Jake, but much loved.

Very sorry to hear about Jake.
Thinking about you at this difficult time.

Norman, Chris
Joey and Sue

So very sorry to hear your sad news about Jake. He'll always be there in your hearts.

Anne and Barney
x

Awwww sorry to hear that Celia and Jimmy but he is at peace now without pain and I don't doubt for one minute he will have stolen a piece of your heart - as they all do.

Anji x

Awww Celia and Jimmy, just read your post.
Thinking about you both , very sad.
Mary x

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.
You've helped us greatly in a dark time.
Jimmy and Celia.