Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baltree house.

We're afraid that entry into our new house will be delayed for some time.
Mr. Muirhead, on the other side of Hatchbank road has refused the electricity company access over two metres of his property to connect to the transformer. The electricity company have no right in law to access his land.
Anybody got some candles ? The saga continues.
Celia and Jimmy.

Re: Baltree house.

Is there an alternative route that doesn't need to cross his land? The alternative is to either wait for him to go on holiday, or brick up his doors while he's asleep, and then do what you need to do!!!!!!

Oh Jimmy - What a sad and pathetic man he is. Makes my blood boil that people can be so uncaring and nasty. One day he will be in need from his neighbours and I only hope they give him the same sort of treatment.

Is there no other way round it?

Kaz - and hugs from Ace and Jade x

One word...Unbelievable! The 21st century...Some people's brains have been eaten by money...or frustration...On the other hand it is so ridiculous that some people think they are eternal... Justice always comes...sooner or later.

Hi Celia/Jimmy
theres always one eh!!!! what an awkward, nasty person.

Well i,m a great believer in Karma and you reap what you sow. There will come a time when he gets paid back.

So frustrating for you after waiting all this time, fingers crossed there is a way around this and then you can thumb your nose at him.

Love
mary (Missy and Pancho)

That's a bummer - does Mr Muirhead give any specific reason for objecting? I can't remember if he objected to your planning application but I expect he did. So, what is the reason? Is he a 'friend of Hutt'? - I shouldn't think so, does he just want peace and a quiet life? (in which case you can present a case), or does he just want to profit from the situation? (in which case your loyal following will drum up some funds pronto). The first thing is to establish his objective, then you/we can deal with it.
I don't mind writing to him if you need an intermediary - I'm far enough away to be considered impartial.
Nil desperandum, as the Romans used to say, well, not yet anyway!
Marionxx

I suppose there is no real reason for this... Just unwillingness to help...or maybe intimidation from some other people...

Hi, Just wanted to show a bit of moral support for you guys. What does this guy do for a living....let me guess, he's a bar steward, a dirty one at that, I guess he went to the Donald Trump school for awkward bar steward training. Anyway, I agree with what one of your supporters says, my saying is-you reap as you sow. This'll come back and bite him on the bum, soon I hope. Don't suppose we can be of much help, but if we can, just put out a message, we'll help if we can.

Stewart Davis and Millie (previously Sadie)

You know, the one thing REALLY worrying at the present time is the situation pertaining to Syria and any subsequent ramifications of intervention. To say this guy is pathetic and petty minded is merely an understatement, dear god it must be awful to have such an outlook on life. We're sorry you're having to go through even more stress - maybe the ghost of Christmas past will put in an appearance.

There MUST be a way round this problem. Does anyone on the forum know about or have a friend who knows about the law relating to electricity supply. If so, maybe they could give some knowledgable advice.

The guy lives 50 miles away but wants to develop housing and does not wish to lose any electricity.
There are certainly alternatives but we've to start the process again and we'll have to get wayleave permission again.
Back to square one.
He had three months before he decided not to give us permission. We could have had another solution by now.
Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
Celia and Jimmy.

I see - so, is there a shortage of electricity supply to the Hatchbank Road area from the sub-station? If that is so, and there is a demand for new housing supply (you, Hutt, Mr Muirhead that we know of), then I would have thought the electricity company should be looking to improve their supply, especially as there is government pressure to build more houses. If they could assure Mr Muirhead that electricity supply would not be a limiting factor for his housing plans, then he might have a change of heart. You've probably explored that avenue already .
Marion

Yes Marion. Thank you but we've tried that.
We're looking at a more distant transformer.

Having your own generator is noisy and expensive, but a solution. What about a windmill and solar panels. Maybe not to sunny, but lots of wind there and I don't mean from the dogs...

Hi Nicolai and Greg,
Thanks for your kind advice.
However a generator is too expensive, the roof is completed so solar panels are difficult and a windmill requires planning permission !!!!
Life is not easy but we shall win in the end ( don't hold your breath waiting ! ).

Hopefully some encouraging news on this subject tonight. Fingers crossed & I'm sure Celia will update us all once its sorted.

I certainly hope so for their sakes.

Kaz

Hi Celia and Jimmy - you say 'a generator is too expensive'. Does that mean it's too expensive to buy and install or that it's expensive to run and maintain. If it's the latter, then I see your point. If it's the former, I'm not so sure. About how much would it cost?
Rehoming Celia and Jimmy is just as important to all of us, and the future security of the greyhounds, as raising funds for the hounds themselves. I'm sure we could drum up funds if that's the best/quickest way to go.
You need to be in and warm before winter.
Serious (for once),
Marionxx

We're in total agreement Marion ....

Susan & Mo xx