Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Townhill Reiki Share.

Linda Cowan and four of her ladies spent a day at the kennels giving Reiki to our dogs. It was amazing how the dogs seemed to benefit. Even big Lucky was totally happy aand relaxed after it.
The ladies then kindly donated £250 for the benefit of our homeless greyhounds.
All at GRF thank the ladies for their kindness and hope that they return again soon.
Jimmy, Celia and te grateful greyhounds.

Re: Townhill Reiki Share.

Bryn, my beautiful basket case hound, wonders what 'giving Reiki' entails (as does his naïve Mum). Can anyone enlighten us please?

[/

Reiki is a form of hands on healing. It involves placing your hands over various chakra points in your body. A Reiki healer carries out the process. I have both been given Reiki and also self healed with Reiki. If you are a believer in alternative healing methods, it's very beneficial for both humans and animals. It promotes sense of relaxation, well being and calmness.

Hope that helped a little! (My mum is a Reiki Master)

Shevaun

Thank you Shevaun, Bryn is easily stressed by many things - particularly flying insects, and he is clean to the point of obsessive compulsive behaviour (except when he pees without checking if any-other-dog is in the way).
His only comment (Ann) was that, if any darned cat tries to place a paw on him, it'll be catatonic before you can say 'Reiki'!
Picture was very cute and funny, but I reckon the torty kitten had it's claws out!

Marion,
Cats can hide their claws (if they want to) and you can sense only their soft pads. I had a few when in Poland. They can be very gentle