Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Jimmy in hospital

Hi Folks,

Just to let you all know that Jimmy was admitted to hospital this morning, form what I have heard from Celia it sounds like his leg is playing up again and is causing various problems, but he is doing OK a the moment.

As a result, Both Jimmy and Celia will not be available at the kennels for the next few days at least, it is unknown how long Jimmy will be in the hospital. Celia will still be contactable via her mobile if there is an urgent matter.

The kennel will continue to run as usual, any updates will be posted here.

Our thoughts are with you Celia, we all wish Jimmy a speedy recovery!

Sean

Re: Jimmy in hospital

Forgot to mention guys,

As a result of Jimmy's absence emails will go unanswered for an undetermined period of time. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact Celia directly.

Sorry to hear this. Get well soon, Jimmy.....and don't be overdoing things, Celia!

Get well soon Jimmy

Mags and family

Get well soon Jimmy - lots of love from Isobel, Gary, Mikey & Dilly XXXXX

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jimmy.
love to you and Celia
Sheila, Eion, Paddy and Teigan

Really sorry to hear this ...

Jimmy & Celia are having such a rotten, and stressful, time just now. For two people who do so much good, it is just SO unfair

Please pass our love, and support, on to them both Sean.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Thanks for letting us know Sean. What was he doing up and down steps at Aberdour with a bad leg!!?? I'm sure Celia will be in touch with you so please keep us posted and pass on our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Really sorry to hear that.

Very best wishes to Jimmy and hope he gets home very soon.

Kathleen, Lady and Bonnie

Aww hope he makes a speedy recorvery, gill john and willow x

Sean

Please give both of them our love. What a rough year they are having. As someone else said, its so unfair.

But we are all rooting for them and sending them our love and hopefully Jimmy will be up an about very soon.

Kaz & Pat
Ace & Jade

xxx

We've got all our fingers and paws crossed for a swift recovery

Sorry to hear about Jimmy, he was in good form on sundays walk.get well soon. Erine-Paddy-Jenny and Bobby

Oh no :(

I really hope Jimmy is ok, all my love to both him and Celia.

All my thoughts will be with him, thanks for letting us know Sean xx

Our thoughts are with Celia and Jimmy and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Shevaun, Steve, Missy and Rex

Sending our best wishes and woofs for a speedy recovery xx

Hi everyone, just a wee update on Jimmy;

From what Celia has told me Jimmy is not in great shape; he is doing OK but the cause of his illness is unknown. As far as I know he is to remain in hospital for treatment until further notice, of course I will keep everyone posted on any developments.

Celia is doing a great job darting about juggling not only her own dogs but also the kennel as well. Myself and GRF staff, and of course the volunteers at GRF are all doing what we can to keep the kennel running smoothly, but poor Celia is working away from dawn till dusk.

The place is certainly not the same without jimmy getting his biscuit crumbs everywhere!

So sorry to hear Jimmy is unwell

Sending both Celia & Jimmy lots of love.

Get well soon Jimmy. Thinking of you.

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama & Poppy xxxxx

Thanks for all your good wishes for Jimmy's speedy recovery. They have changed his antibiotics today so maybe they will help him to turn the corner. Always leave Jimmy to do the computer work while I do the housework and look after feeding 9 furry suits. Sure do miss him here to nag at. Gave him a good nagging at the hospital today. Get better soon or else ! Hardly surprising he is bored already. I told him to make the best of the rest before he has to flit all his 800 bowling badges !

Oh Celia

What a year you have had!! Please give Jimmy all our love and to you too.

Love Kaz and Pat

and special hugs from Ace and Jade xx

Thinking of you both, hope Jimmy gets well soon.

David, Lynn,

Big hugs from Bhan & Missy

Really hope they're taking good care of him in the hospital and he is all better soon.

If there anything I can do to help out let me know. I'll be at the kenels on Sunday as it's my only day off this week but I'm always free on evenings too if that's any use?

Lots of love to Jimmy xxx

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jimmy.
Mary x

Well Celia,
I'm pretty impressed with your computer work for a novice and I'm delighted that your lightening wit and humour are still intact in the face of (even more) adversity. And just how many bowling badges will you be flitting Mrs Lady Champion?! .
Hope the new antibiotics do the trick.
Love from Mike and me and woofs from the woofers

I am just wondering...Was he not bitten by a tick? Lyme disease is quite hard to be diagnosed properly as its symptoms are not the same in all cases and can reappear after some time even after being given treatment some time before.It is quite easy to be bitten by ticks in the environment Jimmy mostly works in... I have a friend to have the disease. It had taken a while before he was diagnosed properly. Not all antibiotics are effective in the treatment of it. Just a suggestion...
I am sure that " the old school student" will get better soon.
Fingers crossed for both of you guys!

Get well soon Jimmy. Really sorry to hear that you're poorly.
Love.
Izzy, Murphy and Archie - and the rest of our family XXX

Re: Tick bite

Interesting tick theory, Stan, they're still rife with the good weather recently. I don't suppose the medics will have given it a thought so it w/b worth mentioning. It w/b great to have a firm diagnosis so they can treat with the right antibiotic.

Re: Tick bite

Hi Marion,
In Poland people are warned about ticks every summer. It does not mean they all tick are infected and carry the bacteria. However lots of some of them are. To diagnose properly doctors need to do the proper blood tests. My friend's brother went camping when a student and was bitten by a tick. He forgot about it. After some time some ailments appeared (fever, headache, swollen limb etc.) The doctors did not know why... He was treated with antibiotics and they did not work... Then his blood got tested...Lyme disease... Then they started treating him in the right way. It took a while for him to be cured. But due to being diagnosed a bit too late some symptoms (ailments) can reappear from time to time... So a good piece of advice for people who like hiking or walking in the woods... If you are bitten by a tick and you are unwell (usually after a few days or weeks-not sure...needs checking) tell the doctor you had been tick-bitten. Doctors usually do not diagnose this disease properly. It is still quite rare here (it was quite rare in Poland as well) but getting more and more common...All dog owners should be aware of tick-born diseases even here in Scotland ( it concerns dogs as well).

Best wishes and hope it all gets sorted soon.

Take care

George and Muriel

and Foxy

Sending get well wishes Jimmy, sorry to hear you are unwell. Thinking of you both!

Karen, John, Quincy & Cameron

Hello Jimmy get well soon as its not the same without you, hope to see you up and about soon.

All The Best and Bright Blessings.

Graeme and Robert.

1 2