Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Celia and Jimmy - But especially Celia

Hi all,

I have, like many of you, seen the recent thread regarding Celia and Jimmy having trouble with an individual posting unnecessary stuff about them etc. I took the time to go back to the original thread and see where all this began. I wasn't around at this point, and I do not want to comment on anything to do with that.

What I do want to comment on is Celia and Jimmy and their re-homing process. I came to the kennels one Tuesday with my dad, we had always looked on the website and admired the dogs etc and came for a "visit". Everyone knows what happens when you come for a "visit", and sure enough Eddie came home to me on the Friday. Celia and Jimmy, but especially Celia were so thorough with my with going through the do's and don'ts about greyhound ownership but nothing more than their utter insistence that the dogs be kept on a lead at ALL times.

Now, I'm sure people can and will say a lot about Celia and Jimmy, but they can NOT be faulted over their vigilant re-homing process. Celia was NOT going to leave Eddie with me due to me living in a flat, I think she saw a young couple, no suitable garden, had never owned a greyhound before and she was - quiet rightly - worried. Now I could tell Celia was worried. Jimmy less so, but you could still clearly tell he was not 100% sure about letting me re-home a dog.

They are 100% thorough about their re-homing process and leave you with no doubt in your mind about what is expected of you as an owner.

So let bygones be bygones,

everyone has their gripes, their grudges etc, and unfortunately when you are in the dog industry (rescue or breeding) this is what happens. However, please note that Celia and Jimmy - But especially Celia are ULTRA vigilant throughout the re-homing process and will not give someone a dog they do not think is suitable!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen and the hounds!

Re: Celia and Jimmy - But especially Celia

I agree with Jen. Mcleod is a beautiful looking dog and you'd expect him to be rehomed very quickly but Celia and Jimmy knew he was quite anti social towards other animals. They waited a year for a suitable match to come along. There are no guarantees of success but they take time to consider which dog potentially suits which family. It's not a case of come to the kennel and choose the dog you want.
We adopted McLeod but Celia and Jimmy made sure we knew exactly what we were taking on and what precautions to take. Secure house and garden, 2 leads etc. it helped me to know there's no way i would have got McLeod if Celia didnt think we could cope.

I genuinely believe our family is exactly for him. Mac is thriving and gradually learning to behave.He's enjoying being spoilt rotten as well.

It would be easy to just churn the dogs over to anyone but GRF dont do that in my opinion - i think Celia and Jimmy are fantastic