Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New baby

Hello!
Was wondering if I could get some advice from fellow Greyhound owners. We adopted Lily a year and a half ago(from Greyhound Rescue Fife), it's just me and my partner, but we are now expecting our first baby. Do you know of anyway we could prepare Lily, or any tips to make the transition of a new little person joining us a little easier? I'm sure she will be fine as she is pretty settled, but any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Re: New baby

Hi Adele,I am sure that there are a lot of people out there who have had the same concerns as you have,and that they will be able to give you lots of ad vice.In the meantime though you may want to visit this website for some basics.http://www.dogclub.co.uk/advice/babyanddog.php(just click on this link.)

Re: New baby

Hi, congratulations!! We've had two children since adopting Freya and didn't really have any problems at all. We just kept her routine exactly the same and made sure she got as much attention as before. We read about putting a babies vest in her bed to let her get used to the smell, we did this but I don't know if it made much difference!
When my children started to crawl and move around we moved Freya's bed from the sitting room into my bedroom so she had her own space and didn't feel like a target. I think greyhounds are such a relaxed breed, as long as you keep their routine as as normal as possible they are fine. X