Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
squeek

Question.. anyone know why squeek has not been rehomed yet, she was really friendly and lovely when we saw her, only reason we couldnt have her is because we had a cat, itseems a shame new dogs keep gettin rehomed first and the long term dogs are still there ...

Re: squeek

I think Squeek pulls quite strong when on the lead. People want a perfect dog but it rarely happens that someone wants a dog to be worked on.

Celia and Jimmy take a lot of care in matching the right dog to the right person/family which is why so few dogs are ever returned to the Rescue Kennels. Presumably the right person for Squeek has not come along yet.

Stan/Polish
I think Squeek pulls quite strong when on the lead. People want a perfect dog but it rarely happens that someone wants a dog to be worked on.

Don't let a pulling dog put you off. My two are incredible strong but the gentle leader halter stops them in their tracks. It fits under their muzzles and i found The difference it makes is amazing. I agree with Stan, i wanted a perfect dog. ( also note the single word there, one dog). Ended up with two, Mac has issues with other animals, Maisie is crazy too but with a little effort the results have been so rewarding.

I totally agree with you, Jenny. There are available measures to slowly eradicate or at least minimise pulling. Last week I was in the kennels and had a pleasure to Dan and Angus. Some people say they pull when on the lead. I can not agree with this opinion. Both of them were very good on the lead. Any dog can pull at times but to be honest greyhounds are the breed that walks perfectly when compared to other breeds. Obviously people need to know that after adopting a dog a variety of issues may appear (same with puppies). Sometimes a bit of effort is needed to sort them out. People are neither perfect nor ideal so why they want dogs to be perfect and (or) ideal?

gill
Question.. anyone know why squeek has not been rehomed yet, she was really friendly and lovely when we saw her, only reason we couldnt have her is because we had a cat, itseems a shame new dogs keep gettin rehomed first and the long term dogs are still there ...

Zikes!!!! What happened to Squeek? Last time we saw Squeek he was a boy

Steve,
Nothing has changed. Squeek is still a boy

Aye, vets hand slipped ;-)