Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raven Getting Her Teeth Done

As it says, my girl is getting her teeth done on Friday. She went for a check up at the vets yesterday and she has slight inflamation of the gums on one side and some plaque build up. I know from reading a lot of posts that it's a fairly common issue but doesn't stop me worrying - it's worse than having sick kids at times!

Plus side is they thought when she went for her initial check up last summer she had a slight heart murmour but no trace of it this time. Everything else in good order - just wish Friday was over and done with already!

Re: Raven Getting Her Teeth Done

Our greyhound has also just had her teeth done. At first the vet thought she would need teeth out but turned out she didnt. Shes back home now fighting fit with a less smellier mouth. Our boy is going to get his done eventually.
She will be fine, I work in a vets myself, infact it was the people I work for that did her teeth.
The vets always say to clients if you can find a greyhound who doesnt require some dental work at some point then you are one lucky owner or you have a puppy. These ops are done daily and I'm sure a young dog like Raven will handle an anaesthetic great and wont have any problems. She'll be back home looking at you as if to say whats all the fuss about I got to sleep all day.
Best of luck to you.

And Raven... behave for the vets and nurses. Sue was big and brave so now its your turn. Just think when you go home you will get back to your sofa and spoiled rotten.

Katie

Thanks Katie. Fortunately my daughter did her week's work experience there last year (before we got Raven) and she was impressed with their set up, a big part of why we chose to go with them. She's talked me through what will happen and I'm feeling more reassured! I'm sure Raven will be on best behaviour, she's a bit of a charmer!

Hi Wendy,
Oh I can believe shes a charmer I met her at the summer show and fell in love with her. If I couldve taken another grey then she was going to be it. Luckily she found her forever home with yourselves. But ive got the greyhound fever and will hopefully add to my pair in the not too distant future.
I hope her dental went well and that raven behaved.
Katie

Worrying time - Mikey's not long had his teeth done (for the second time) and Annie had hers done a few times as well - amazing how they bounce back. Unfortunately, noticed whilst cleaning Dillys the other day that her gums are very inflamed and a bit of tarter still managing to build up. Concerning since she's so young - trip to the vet coming on! We all wish Raven the best, she's a wee stunner, with or without a couple of teeth if that's the worst case scenario. XXX

She's home and lying quietly, only one tooth out so not too bad. Feeling very relieved! Thanks for the reassurance. Oh and apparently she was very well behaved!
Isobel, hope Dillys are sorted out ok

Hi Wendy
So glad to hear shes home and happy. That is really good for raven only having on removed. Less painful. Shes home and happy and thats the main thing.
And raven.... good girl for behaving. (Ask your mum to give yu an ear scratch and big cuddle from me, joey and sue).

Isobel
Oh no that must be so frustrating to have them to have had their dentals repeated twice. Heres hoping one last trip and the vet can come up with something that doesnt involve another dental. Best of luck
Katie