Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sincerest condolences to Moira on the death of her mother

Moira's mother passed away in the early hours of this morning. She was one of Bootsie's greatest fans and had knitted snoods for sale to raise money for the homeless hounds.
Our thoughts are with you and Susan at this sad time.

Michele Nic Tara and Frodo xxx

Re: Sincerest condolences to Moira on the death of her mother

Very sad news.

Thinking of you all.

Kaz & Pat
Ace & Jade

Thanks for letting us know Michele, and I add my heartfelt condolences too.
It's not so long since my Mum died and I feel for you all. If, amongst the grief, you also feel a sense of relief, don't beat yourselves up over it, it stems from not having to watch that dear person suffer any more. She won't be far away, and she wouldn't wish you sadness.
Look after them Boostie,
Marionxx

Hi Moira and Susan.
We too add our very deepest sympathies.
Think only Moira that your mum loved you and she knew that you loved her.
We're so sorry that there isn't really anything we can say that helps at the moment.
Celia and Jimmy.

Our deepest sympathy on this sad news, we are thinking of you both at this distressing time. Isobel and Christine. Xxx

I am so sorry to hear this
thinking of you all at this sad time

Very sad news. Sending love to you at this horrible time. X

Thank you all for your lovely messages.

Mum had a very difficult time over the past weeks, as many of you already know. She is finally at peace, for which we are grateful. That said, however, she leaves a HUGE void in our life as she was so much a part of it.

As Michele rightly said, Bootsie's Granny was one of his biggest fans, although when we first took him to visit her, in her small house in Haddington, she looked aghast and said "I thought you were getting a whippet" ..... !!!!!!!!!! Mum very much enjoyed knitting the greyhound snoods, and got a lot of pleasure out of being able to 'do her bit' to help. She also knitted baby hats for South Africa, and baby 'nests' for Simpsons.

Mum's funeral is tomorrow morning - I hope the sun shines for her, as she brought so much sunshine into so many lives.

Hope the walk goes well on Sunday, and that we'll see you soon.

Susan promises a newsletter for the end of March !!

Moira xx

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you at this sad time

I am so sorry to hear that Moira and Susan. Thoughts are with you. Am just up the road if you need anything xxx

Thank you so much Amanda .... you have been so kind.

Mum's funeral was held yesterday at Gladsmuir - it was a beautiful day, and we had an amazing turnout.

Hard to believe that it's all over now - Mum had so many months of discomfort latterly - she's at peace now, but we're feeling a little lost - she was such a HUGE part of our lives.

Thanks again,
Susan xx