Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
besse

Awwww thrilled to see that besse has got a second chance, lets hope these owners have better patience with the wee soul, and not give up as easyly as her last owners x

Re: besse

just thinking about her the other day, so pleased, all the best Bessie

Re: besse

I'm not going to say a word this time in case I jinx things for her, but I SO hope it's the perfect match. If ever a dog's face leaps out of the photo at you, it's hers and she has the personality to match.
Good luck to Bessie and her new family.
Marion

Re: Bessie

Well, that's a week now so I'm thinking she has worked her spell and gotten under their skin. They may need physiotherapy and (possibly) psychotherapy but they will be some very lucky and happy people. I hope they share a few anecdotes with us and that this will be a truly happy ending.

Hi Folks.
I think it is time that we came out of hiding and admitted who is keeping that big lump called Bessie.
It is hard work but she is beginning to settle maybe 0.0005%.
Jimmy and Celia.

Love it!

Not much chance of her being returned, is there?

Whoopee! She's got a fab family + I get to see her when we come to Baltree! You mustn't call her a big lump, there's a sensitive child in there somewhere. Keep looking!
What do the rest of your pack think to it? Paddy? She must be like Foxy times three to have bashing about in the house. I'm SO thrilled for her, and you. A match made in heaven and my best happy ending yet!
Marion xxx

Hi Marion.
Bessie has won over the hearts of seven of the other nine and they now accept her.
Paddy thinks she's not his type of girl and it shows
Tosca wants to take her on in single hand combat
Life can be a wee tad hectic at times alongside everything else.
If we survive well keep you posted.
While in the kennels she threw herself at the kennel door and burst through it breaking three weldings. She's definitely something else.
Jimmy and Celia.

Hi Celia and Jimmy,
Wow! She clearly didn't fancy the kennel any more, then. I guess she didn't leave you much choice. I simply don't know how you cope with 10 - I know I'm maxed out at 5, and Bessie is clearly something else. How much does she weigh now? I always claim that Foxy's made of girders but Bessie makes her look like Dresden china! Talking of which, it's as well your breakables are in cabinets or out of reach .
I wish you luck and love and hope to get over soon, when my building works are in hand and paying work eases off a bit.
Bessie is one lucky girl.
Marionxx

Hi Marion.
She keeps us fit running up to the outside runs at 40mph.
There are now no moles in her run. They all made a sharp exit stage left never to be seen again
Another time she got us out of bed at 3.45am, immediately hauled us out the door in our jimjams, did a poo, then hauled us back to her bed.
What can one say ?
Jimmy and Celia.

Hi Celia & Jimmy,
In terms of getting you up in the night, I'd just be grateful she didn't dump on the floor! Kim gets me up most nights (as he's an ageing gent) with a yip from downstairs (he doesn't do stairs any more due to arthritis). He was about 11 (he's now 13) when he worked out how to do this. Before that I had a 6th sense of when a vigorous shake of the head meant 'I'm just turning around in bed and re-making my nest' or 'I'm approaching the back door and expecting it to open'. I'm a light sleeper but I missed a good few - and then there are the false alarms, when you dream a bark or a head shake and rush downstairs to find everyone else blissfully sleeping
Interesting about the moles - does she dig up the mole hills or is it just the great thundering up and down the run that scares them I wonder?
Marion xx