Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
boarding kennels for holidays??

I am going on holiday for 2 weeks in July, my son usually stays home to look after Missy and Pancho but might not be able to this year due to work.
I am tortured by the thought of boarding them out. has anyone put their dogs in to boarding kennels and was it okay.
keep thinking they might think i,ve abandoned them Absolutely distraught at the thought as they are used to being on my bed at night and do like their comforts.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Mary

Re: boarding kennels for holidays?? (Suggestion)

Hi Mary,

Karen Bernard has started her own Home boarding for Greyhounds called Karen's Canines.

I have put a link to her Facebook page and her website for you.

Karens Canines Facebook Page

http://www.karenscanines.co.uk/

Re: boarding kennels for holidays??

Hi Mary,

George let me know he replied on my behalf. I am a dog walker but have just been granted my home boarding licence. If you would prefer not to use kennels then I could possibly help! I do have a grey, Mikey, so would need to make sure all got on.

If you want to discuss further, my mobile is 07894111900.

Thanks

Karen

Alternatively, you could allow your nearest and dearest to twist you round their finger and talk you into buying a bleeping MOBILE HOME so that you can take your three hounds with you on holiday!!

We're currently scouring the Gumtree, Autotrader, etc. for one and I think we know the ins and outs of every one in Scotland that's up for sale.

Hi Mary,

This is why we never have holidays, it would be a waste of time as we would be worrying about them the whole time; tried it once but never again, we have a caravan now so we can take them with us.

I usually go self-catering and take the dogs, but they do go into kennels too.

It's easier having two, because they share a kennel, and I don't feel so bad about leaving them. My two are fine and go in happily enough.

They get a couple of walks every day and the owner and her staff are kind. I always take their blanket so they have something from home.

But yes, if they're used to sleeping on your bed, it will be a bit of a change!