Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thornton Race Night

Hi Everyone,

Might be a bit late for this now, but a volunteer at the kennels today mentioned that the Thornton race night was not advertised on the forum, so here I am!

The guys at the Thornton race track, particularly Shandy and George, have organised another charity event at the track for us this saturday night.

The first race is at 7:30pm with tickets sold on the door. There will be GRF merchandise being sold along with a raffle, tea / coffee and food being sold in the main building.

The last couple of nights have been fantastic fun and it's well worth coming along!

Re: Thornton Race Night

good crowd last night and everyone enjoyed themselves and hopefully raised a few pound

over £1400 raised on saturday night

Brilliant amount of money. Saturday was the first time Eion and I had seen greyhound racing live. I was amazed at how fast the dogs run.

Hi,
I am just wondering... Maybe it would be good to more often organise such events by greyhound trainers. As we all know running the kennels incurs a lot of costs and that would be a great opportunity for the local (not only) dog racing community to help GRF as much as possible. I think trainers are also dog lovers and GRF helps their dogs find loving homes. Due to the shortage of volunteers (for many reasons) the costs keep going higher and higher. Taking into account the number of dogs at the GRF, Celia and Jimmy are not able to do all the work needed by themselves. They both are heroes but unfortunately not the youngest ones and it should be taken into consideration too.

That's a huge amount of money, James, which will be invaluable to GRF, especially in view of the recent costs incurred in putting Humpty (Timmy) back together again. It's great that you can do this for GRF from time to time and makes a big difference.

A thousand thanks to George, Shandy and all at the track who made this huge sum possible.
It, without a doubt, makes a great financial difference.
Celia and Jimmy.