Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2014 Dog Show- PLEASE do your bit to help

Less than a week to go, venue has been booked for months, tables and chairs for use arranged, rosettes and trophies arrived....
NOW WE NEED ALL OF YOU, GRF'S SUPPORTERS, TO HELP US.
Have you printed off a copy or two of the Dog Show poster to perhaps take to work, share with friends, ask your local pet shop, vet or wherever to display? The show is a great publicity/ fundraising event but ONLY IF PEOPLE KNOW THE SHOW IS ON!!!
Please take this as a personal request from the homeless hounds to get a couple of dog show posters up in your area. Someone could well see YOUR poster, come along and rehome a dog. PLEASE HELP!

Tombola- to everyone who has already donated, thank you! It is not too late to bring along something on the morning of the show. Anything will help.
Homebaking- please if every family/ group of people made just ONE item we would have the best homebaking stall yet.

What I have tried politely to say is we don't need apathy, can't be bothered or someone else will do it. WE NEED YOU TO SAY YES I WILL DO IT. STAND UP, BE INVOLVED AND DO SOMETHING!

Thanks,
Michele

Re: 2014 Dog Show- PLEASE do your bit to help

Remember folks. Never mind the weather.
IT IS UNDER COVER.
JIMMY.

Re: 2014 Dog Show- PLEASE do your bit to help (Poster)

This is the link again to the poster to download and print off, Thank You!!!

Click her to download your poster

Thanks from the homeless hounds!

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie

Have just printed two and will drop into local vet and pet shop this morning.

Thanks Sheila!

Ditto Michele's comments and while the show is designed in principle to let people find out about greyhounds in general it is also about raising much needed funds for the kennels to make life as comfortable as possible for our current incumbents, while they wait for their forever homes. Therefore the more tombola and home-baking we have the more we can sell

Obviously just as important is to get people to come along to our event. So advertising is paramount as well as putting posters up around the various areas you can maybe also use other types of media or even word of mouth, bring along a friend, relative, work colleagues etc on the day the more people the more funds we can raise ! and also advertise to a wider audience of how friendly and sociable this dog breed can be

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday

My pet shop has offered to donate some raffle prizes for the show. Unfortunately I won't be able to come to the show myself but I can bring these to the kennels on Friday morning when I go to help walk the dogs if someone can them take them from the kennels to the show.

sheila
My pet shop has offered to donate some raffle prizes for the show. Unfortunately I won't be able to come to the show myself but I can bring these to the kennels on Friday morning when I go to help walk the dogs if someone can them take them from the kennels to the show.

Sheila, that's brilliant. Which pet shop is it so everyone knows of their kindness?

It's Noah's Ark Pet Shop in Granton Road Edinburgh. I will put their business card in with the bag of goodies.

Thanks Sheila much appreciated I will be picking these up on Friday afternoon Strangely enough I also have a pick up (printed stuff for the show) in Granton Road on Friday !! (though not until 6:30). Thanks again