Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of my greyhound

My name is Belinda Jones, in August last year we adopted 2 greyhounds, Mickey and Tiggy, we recently moved house and sadly on 22nd April Tiggy died. She ran from inside to outside but ran straight through our closed conservatory door, she died instantly. Tiggy was only 3 years old, full of life, loved everyday, loved everyone, she would jump up and cuddle you and nibble your ears, she was mischievous but a beautiful girl. As you can imagine my family has been distraught by this accident, but because we don't want this to happen to any other dog or family we have set up a Facebook page called Tiggy the greyhounds awareness page. All we ask is for people to join and share her page to warn other dog owners of the dangers and to buy some film to put on their glass doors to prevent the dog thinking the door is open.

Heartbroken mum Belinda.

Tiggy story
Tiggy

Re: Death of my greyhound

In England the law is that glass doors have to be made of safety glass that will not shatter, is this not the case in Scotland? This is a terrible story and the makers of the conservatory should be held liable. If this was a person it would be called murder, why not also a dog?

What a terrible thing to happen when you were just settling into your new home. You and Mickey must miss her dreadfully and thank you for being so selfless at this time and sharing the experience as a warning to other owners.
John, there are the same rules about safety glass in Scotland but I don't know when they came in. Even if there is someone to blame, it won't bring her back.

Belinda,
Sorry to hear about this accident our thoughts are with your family.

This is a clickable link to Tiggy the greyhounds awareness facebook page

To share the group page. Next to the create group there is a we star at the right click on it and there is an option to share group there.

I have shared this on the Greyhound Rescue Fife Facebook page

R.I.P. Tiggy

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie

Oh Belinda. My heart goes out to you all. What an awful thing to happen. I will also share you link on facebook, anything that warns others of these types of dangers.

Thinking of you all

Kaz and Pat Brundell
Ace and Jade

I am really sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you. I wanted just tell you about my friend’s tragedy. She has got galgos. One of her dogs run into a fence in their garden in full speed and sadly also died. Their speed can be also their curse, they can pick speed very quickly when they run even in a garden and in the heat of the moment it was impossible for the unfortunate dog to stop. It was just a terrible accident. My thoughts are with you and thank you for your page, I will also keep sharing it for other people with doggie pets.

Thank you, Monika

Oh Belinda - what a terrible thing to happen - we lost our oldest grey last year through old age and that was bad enough - how traumatic is this. I have film "patches" on every panel on our French doors, even if it is toughened glass. I can't help thinking though if there was cat outside my two would still try and get through and that worries me at times.
I am so sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Belinda.
You have our heartfelt sympathy. We will try and honour Tiggy by telling all our adoptees about it. Having lost three of my own greyhounds at the end of last year I know how terrible it is to take.
The founder of Greyhound Rescue Fife was my dear Tiggy. We loved him too.
Please think only of the many good days with Tiggy.
Run free over the Bridge dear Tiggy.
Deepest sympathy.
Jimmy and Celia.