Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ARIES THE GENTLE GIANT.

Everyone coming to the kennels knows that big Aries has not been well for a few weeks. He has been going blind and suffering from some kind of motor neuron disorder. A few days ago he saw us and made an attempt to run to us wagging his tail. We were ovr the moon at this great turn up. Sadly over the last two days he deteriorated extremely rapidly. Today he could not stand. We rushed him to the vet to have him checked and Bob told us he was dying and in pain. Since we loved him so much we agreed to the inevitable. We are gutted. He was one of the quietest, most friendly dogs in the kennel. He was only three years old. Run pain free again over the bridge you darling big boy. You were very much loved.
Celia and Jimmy.

Re: ARIES THE GENTLE GIANT.

I am so sorry to hear about Aries. I met him when I came to choose my own greyhound, and I thought he was a lovely dog in every respect. I am really sorry to hear that he had been so ill, and that he has now crossed the bridge.
Jo

Oh no, poor boy. I've been thinking of him a lot this week and hoping that he'd made a turn for the good. Such a shame for such a gorgeous big lad. Bless him.

Pamela.

So sorry to hear this. When I was at the kennels last Friday it looked as if he might be on the mend but sadly that's not turned out to be the case. Run free, Big Boy.

Sorry to hear this sad news. I have been thinking about him over these last few days wondering how he was doing. My thoughts are with you celia and Jimmy and everyone up at the kennels. Xx

So sorry to learn of this - it's funny how they seem to rally just before the end - one last special effort to tell you how much you mean to them.
I lost my beloved lurcher Nina in a very similar way but she was fifteen and Aries was so young. Neuro-muscular problems are horrible and there doesn't seem to be much that can be done. You did the right thing by him but it's so hard because they trust you so much. Nina's co-ordination went, so she would take 2 small steps with her front legs, then the back ones would catch up. When I took her to the vet for the last time it was a lovely sunny day and we had sausages (her favourite) in the garden before we left. She ate them with relish, although her digestive system was failing. I knew she wouldn't be coming home.

This is our tribute to Aries in the Rainbow Bridge Calendar thread.

Aries in the Rainbow Bridge Calendar thread

R.I.P. Aries you will never be forgotten.

George, Morag

Billy & Lassie

So sorry to hear this news guys.

But he had the best of care until the end and will be looking down on you all with a smile and a heart full of love for your kindness.

Thinking of you all

Kaz, Pat, Ace and Jade

Hi guys

So sorry to hear about the sad loss of Aries. He looks so handsome on his picture. Thinking of you at this time.

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy and Davie xxxxxx

Really sorry to hear about Aries, he looked like such a lovely boy x

So very, very sad yet another young Grey has gone over the Bridge. He was so very handsome. So very sorry, Celia and Jimmy. At least he had love and happiness before he went.