Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GRF needs your vote!! NOW LIVE

Delighted to hear the news on our position.Sitting enjoying cool beer on the
Beach very hot hot hot. Hope all is well at the kennels see you soon x
Keep the champagne on hold ha ha

Re: GRF needs your vote!!

Hope this supports your excellent cause

Kaz Brundell
Hi all

Support Adoption for Pets have a video competition for rehoming centres throughout the UK to win a grant of £50,000.00.

GRF have entered this competition and your votes will help their application.

To vote you need to go onto Facebook and find the Support Adoption for Pets facebook page. Then click on the icon for £10 Million Pound Celebration Video Competition and view the video for GRF and please vote.

Alternatively you can view the video on you tube at http://youtu.be/JQIS89kaFKU and vote using the button at the top.

Good luck to Celia and Jimmy and all the hard working volunteers.

Kaz Brundell

Is there no other way to vote than via Facebook, eg direct from their website? I've had a look but didn't see any obvious links.
I could muster more support if it didn't involve registering with Facebook.

Hi Marion,

In this occasion through Facebook is the only option to vote for the for the G.R.F. video unfortunately.

For those with a Facebook account this is the link to the G.R.F. video

You may have to like the page first first and then the video should become visible.

Please help us by voting for us.

It only takes a few minutes to help us and every vote counts.

Please use your vote.

Please Please help us it is really appreciated.

Your vote really does count

To date we have 114 votes and we need lots more!

Thanks for helping the homeless hounds at G.R.F.

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie

Hi Folks.
We are now 38th out of 53 with 121 votes. Tenth position ( the target ) has now 387 votes.
We are catching up but unfortunately not quickly enough.
Please get the help of any facebook friends. Time is running out.
The excitement rises

Vote

We are now 35th out of 53 with 149 votes. 10th position has 395 votes.
10th position has only climbed by 8 votes. We can do it if you vote for us but time is running out. Come on guys - get in touch with your friends. We desperately need your votes.

What is the closing date?

My friend is having problems trying to vote on her phone. Has anyone else experienced problems with this?

I have voted and posted on my timeline with a plea for help...Fingers crossed

Closing date 27th June Agnes.
Thanks to all who are helping.

COME ON GUYS

I have spent most of this evening emailing all my friends and family and also emailing vets or posting on their pages on facebook asking them to vote.

Jimmy and Celia and the hounds need this building work done and to do this they need to win this competition.

Everyone has the opportunity to help them by firstly voting themselves and then promoting this on Jimmy and Celia's behalf.

We also urge you to promote GRF wherever you can by using the rehoming poster

Come on - don't just read this and assume someone else will do it.

THE HOUNDS NEED YOUR VOTES

How many times can you vote? It is offering me the voting button again. Are you allowed to vote each day?

Agnes

I have found the same. It is meant to be one vote per person but I have managed to vote 3 times so far.

So give it a go everybody, even if you have already voted, try it again in a day or so and vote again if it allows you.

The more votes we get the better

Kaz

I noticed I could vote again so I did!

I could possibly get more votes but I don't know anything about facebook and the links that George is giving result in a blank page for me. If anyone knows how to get to the page that is needed to vote please email me and I will pass it on. If there were some other way to vote than this damm facebook thing I could probably get lots more votes from our friends at grey2k in USA, they helped GRF win the RBS competition a couple of years ago.

John.

Hi Everyone,

The links above seem to direct to a blank page.

for those struggling to get onto the page,
Here is the link the video and voting page.

You can click on the link above of paste this into your browser bar:

http://woobox.com/4mebz7/vote?web=1

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks Sean,
I've just e-mailed my contacts with a rather complicated set of instructions but this should simplify matters.
Just a thought on multiple voting by the same person - it could potentially invalidate the GRF entry if they can track it. It would be such a shame to waste all this effort .... but I suppose other rescue groups will have identified the same possibility, so it's first past the post - by whatever means!

C'mon guys - we are flying.
We are now 22nd out of 61 with 279 votes - we're actually getting much closer to the coveted 10th spot.
Keep it going but time is running out. Get your friends involved.
Thanks to all who have voted.
Hurry up.

Vote cast!
Excellent video by the way. Good luck GRF!

As well as e-mailing my friends I have posted this on my Facebook timeline so hopefully that will generate some additional votes.

Come on guys. Time is running out. If you haven't voted yet, please get your votes in,

We need GRF to win this grant so get those fingers voting!!

Kaz & Pat
Ace & Jade

Voted. All the best GRF.
Anne

We have now voted - did have problems voting initially, but followed George's latest link and managed easily

Mo has circulated the link round her entire office, and we have e-mailed it to family & friends alike.

Excellent video

COME ON EVERYONE, LET'S GET GREYHOUND RESCUE FIFE UP HIGHER THAN TENTH PLACE ~ IT ONLY TAKES MINUTES TO VOTE. JUST LOOK AT YOUR OWN HOUND AND THINK OF HOW MUCH JOY THEY HAVE BROUGHT YOU ~ THEN REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE 50 OTHER DOGS CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THE CHANCE OF BEING PART OF A LOVING FAMILY TOO .....

Come on GRFers lets ask everyone we know to vote for Greyhound Rescue Fife, lets give it all we have got in the last 3days of this competition.
GRF NEEDS YOUR VOTE

Hi Guys.
Visited today by the trustee for the awards.
It seems that our votes only qualify us for the next round.
We will be judged by the awarding panel who will compare all the finalists' projects. The ten awards will not necessarily go to the top ten in the voting.
We must now simply wait and see.
I thank everyone who got us to sixth place out of 139 with over 1500 votes. For a wee rescue that was magnificent. I am proud of you one and all.
Jimmy.

Jimmy

Do you know what the Award Panel are looking for from applicants? I guess that they will consider a range of factors but would be good to understand the criteria.

Are they going to visit again or do you have to submit something else?

If there's anything any of us can do to help you know to ask !!

Good luck,

Sox & family

Managed to view video, and well done Celia and Jimmy, and to Kaz
as not that good with technology, but you made it easy,and put
my vote in. Good Luck to you All.
from Marie

It all sounds a bit complicated to me, the website says 'Winners of the charity grants will be notified on 15th July 2014' and nothing about another round of the competition to get through

Well done
Just now crossing fingers for you and dogs
My children will be glad i am not nagging them to get friends to vote for you
Love mags Mitch and the hounds

Thanks to everyone who voted and pestered their friends and family to vote as well.

We will just have to keep fingers and paws crossed now.

Winning this grant would be fantastic for Celia and Jimmy and all the hounds now and in the future.

So lets hope it comes through.

Regards
Kaz

1 2