Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Georgie and Lucie

Hello Celia and Jimmy. A few weeks ago I passed the 4 year mark of custodianship of Georgie and Lucie. Both dogs are having the sort of retirement I hope I’m afforded when the time comes. It seems like only yesterday they were looking at me in the rear view mirror, heading home from GRF, as surprised to be in the car as I was to have them. Since then these handsome devils have taken over my life. They never have the same walk twice in a day. Their joy along the river and up on the moors above Gourock is so obvious I cannot help letting them drag me for miles and hours at a time. To see dogs who are reserved and undemonstrative rolling about in long grass and heather is priceless. (in 4 years I’ve been licked by Lucie twice and never by Georgie, though his pogo-ing when I get in from work is hilarious).
I am unlikely to confine them to the car to return for a visit but rest assured they are both thriving. They get compliments whenever we go out and barked at by other dogs who wish they were Greyhounds.
Amazingly they have been immortalised on Google Streetview (open Google Earth and type Albert Road,Gourock and there they are out with my dog walkers). The picture is a couple of years old now and Georgie has a bandaged paw having cut it on broken glass. I can’t thank you enough for taking the risk and letting me have them, I love them to bits.

Re: Georgie and Lucie

What a lovely post. It just puts in a nutshell what happens to us all when we adopt a greyhound (or two).
We wish you many more years of happiness,
Marion, + Kim, Dylan, Bryn, Jock & Foxy (that's what happens when you go back to visit GRF!)

Re: Georgie and Lucie

Hi John.
Thanks for your great update on Georgie and Lucie. We have often thought about them and it is great to know that they are getting on so well.
Thank you for taking them into your home and please give them huge cuddles from their old auntie and uncle.
We're off to look at Google street view.
Celia and Jimmy.