Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A FABULOUS NEW WALK.

On Sunday 7th September we have changed our monthly walk programme. We are introducing our most exciting walk yet. It is in Falkland.
To get to the start, travel along the High Street and enter West Port. Soon you come to the Hidden Place. Shortly afterwards turn into the car park (KY15 7AF) where the walk will start at 11am.
It is moderately hilly and the walk will take about one and a half hours so no wheel chairs or zimmers .
It is a fantastic walk and you will pass the magnificent House of Falkland with its famous chimneys. Then you start to climb Maspie Den with its fabulous scenery. Soon you come to the BLACK TUNNEL - enter it if you dare .
Next stop is the beautiful waterfall which you MUST GO BEHIND .
From here you turn and freewheel down the hill into Falkland again
Remember doggies on lead and pickupdapoo.
See you all there - except in the black tunnel

Re: A FABULOUS NEW WALK.

Come on folks.
The walk is fine.
Jimmy is nearly 80 and he has been up it three times in the last few weeks.
It's the first time we've had this walk so you can't say that you've done it before, so no excuses .
It's the most beautiful walk that we've ever staged and the weather looks good so far.
We're limiting the parking to 500 cars. .
See you all on Sunday.

The walk sounds lovely, Celia and Jimmy, but Kim is too arthritic for such a long walk now and Dylan struggles in strange places because of his blindness. So we won't make it, sadly, but hope lots of others do.

Mac n Maisie will be there. I'll hire Maisie out to pull folk up the hill. Sounds fun, bit concerned re the waterfall as I have a tendency to fall in water

Not to worry Jenny. There is actually a ROAD behind the waterfall. .
Jimmy.

Hi guys,

I'm afraid Bootsie, Mo & I won't make the walk on Sunday .... Bootsie is not great at the moment, between pancreatitis and a uti Spending more time at Vetrica than we are at home

Anyway, enjoy the new walk - it sounds great.

Currently working on the Newsletter, and hope to have it on the website within 10 days .... a report / photos from the walk would be great

Susan x

So disappointed we are missing this walk after the effort put in by Jimmy

We are away this weekend, although Sox is struggling with an ulcer on his eye right now. He's on 9 sets of medication, drops & antibiotics per day! We need a chart to keep track ... and a new mortgage to pay the vet

Hi Iain.
We'll miss you all - you never miss a walk.
However we look forward very much to seeing you all on the next one.
Big cuddles to Sox and we hope that he is better soon.
Hi Susan and Moira.
We'll miss you too but we hope that by the time that the next walk comes round Bootsie will have fully recovered.
Big cuddles to Bootsie too.
Jimmy and Celia.

Hi Iain.
I've just noticed. Thank you very much for the raffle ticket money. .
Jimmy and Celia.

Hoping to bring along Nick and Patch with their little sister Saffron who has never been on a hound-walk before! Hoping Patch doesn't do anything to disgrace himself!

Hi Iain,

Can sympathise with you on the medication front, and the re-mortgage

Hope Sox is better soon.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie x

Celia and Jimmy
Not to worry Jenny. There is actually a ROAD behind the waterfall. .
Jimmy.

Phew, that's good to hear. I imagined having to limbo along a narrow path. Hope any hounds under the weather get well soon xxxx

Sorry to miss the walk- owner a bit under the weather- not the dog this time,! Hope you all have a lovely time and see you on next walk