Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME !!!!

We received a wonderful phone call today from Amy Wilson at Support Adoption for Pets.
She told us that we were narrowly beaten out of the 10 X £50000 awards, but the panel had decided to reconsider our application. On reviewing our video they decided to award us - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -£45000 !!!!!!!!!!!
This is an absolutely fantastic award and will allow us to go ahead and refurbish our wooden kennel. We are delighted, since that will ensure our kennel will be good enough to be in place many years after we have gone.
Thanks to everybody, too numerous to individually name, who helped us to achieve this and thanks to Amy, Justine and all the staff at Support adoption for Pets who considered us good enough to give this award too. Without their help we and many other rescues would struggle. The are a wonderful organisation who should be very proud of what they have achieved.
Remember the money used to help rescues comes from your Pets at Home VIP card so please, please use it when you shop there.
Thank you all very much.
Celia, Jimmy and an army of greyhounds.

Re: OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME !!!!

Woo hoo hoo hooooooooooooooooooo! Fan bloody tastic!
Congratulations from Lisa , Cameron and Archie and Gracie xxx

Many congratulations on your award you deserve it.

A big thank you to everyone that originally voted for the video it did make a difference. I remember people having problems with the links to the video but the perseverance paid off.

Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea but in this day of age it is a very useful tool for many things. Some were not fans of Facebook before but signed up to help Greyhound Rescue Fife thanks to all that did and hopefully it has become useful since you signed up.

Celia and Jimmy it could not have gone to a better Greyhound Rescue, If we were Greyhounds then book us in to Baltree till you find us a for-ever home. A Greyhound Rescue with 5* accommodation and care.

Once again so please for you both and pleased to say Billy and Lassie came from Greyhound Rescue Fife.

Take care and may the dream begin!!!

George & Morag

Billy & Lassie

I'm delighted for you. Well done! Tams mum

That's brilliant news!

Hi Jimmy & Celia,

As I said yesterday, on Facebook, many congratulations to you both

I totally agree with George - Facebook can be an absolute pain in the butt but, in this technical day and age, it can also do a huge amount of good ... if proof were needed, just look at this success

The Pets at Home VIP card is easy to use ... just hand it over at the till when you make your purchases ... we should all be supporting Pets at Home, in any case, because they have always supported us at GRF. Not only does this help homeless animal charities, but you also get vouchers for money off things you regularly buy - it's a win-win situation!

We should all remember that you two ARE Greyhound Rescue Fife ... you have dedicated your lives to saving greyhounds, and finding them the right home. Hundreds of dogs owe you their lives and many families, like ours, owe you a huge debt of gratitude for bringing the joy, and unconditional lov,e of an ex-racer into our lives. You are AMAZING people, and you deserve this award so very much.

Hopefully see you soon!

Love,
Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

That is absolutely fantastic news!!! I'm delighted for you and the dogs.

Pamela & Tilly x

Congratulations to you. It's excellent news. Our life has been so much better since you so kindly give us Megan to join the family. We owe you so much!

Wonderful, wonderful news.
Susan sums it up perfectly when she writes
"We should all remember that you two ARE Greyhound Rescue Fife ... you have dedicated your lives to saving greyhounds, and finding them the right home. Hundreds of dogs owe you their lives and many families, like ours, owe you a huge debt of gratitude for bringing the joy, and unconditional love of an ex-racer into our lives. You are AMAZING people, and you deserve this award so very much."
There will be so many people who will agree with those sentiments.
love
Sheila, Eion and Teigan & Jack.

Thats fantastic news and so well deserved- yaaaaay, lots of love from Stanley and his family

Fabulous news, woop woop xxx well deserved too x
mary Missy and Pancho

Brilliant news! Chuffed to bits for you guys and the dogs. Love from ailsa and rick the dug xx

Many, many congratulations - it's been a long wait but so well worth it in the end.
Can you explain the Pets at Home VIP card some more please? We don't have a store nearby but I do sometimes buy online from them. Can I register for a card and use it online?
Looks like the Fernies AND their greyhounds will be able to stay cosy this winter. Fabulous achievements are becoming the norm for GRF - well done!

This is wonderful news. You do amazing work and am so delighted to hear you have been awarded for it. The greyhounds are so lucky to have you, and so are we.

Anne, Graham and Barney
x

I am so pleased for both of you and it's richly deserved for all the hard work that goes on at the kennels. But also extremely pleased for all the current incumbents who have still to find their forever homes, it will eventually be a top class facility for them (mind you if to cosy they may not want to leave ).

Here is how we are feeling today

Great news ann and myself are so Delighted to hear your Good news well deserved jimmy and celia xx

That's fantastic news!! You guys deserve it sooooooo much!!

So pleased for you

Sending lots of love and licks

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy & Davie

That's wonderful - Mikey & Dilly are barking delighted!

Thats brilliant news and well done Facebook. erine-paddy-jenny and bobby

Hi Folks.
Thank you very much for all those kind words ( blush, blush ).
Really though it is us who must thank all you kind people. Without you all we'd have 46 dogs in our kennels and a total of 0 rehomings. On behalf of all our rehomed greyhounds, thank you so much for giving them your loving homes. Nearly 800 dogs, that is. Roll on 1000.
Thank you all.
Celia, Jimmy and 800 greyhounds.

Great news!

Chris, Chris, Vince & Freya x

That is just amazing to hear!! So pleased for you guys and all the hounds - brilliant!! xx

We are so pleased for you all, Celia, Jimmy the fantastic greyhounds and all the marvellous volunteers and supporters who helped make this happen, well done

Absolutely fantastic news-so well deserved, too!!! So pleased for you-keep up the wonderful work!!

What Fantastic News.......and GRF ARE A REALLY DESERVING CAUSE ....SO A BIG THANKS TO PETS AT HOME -and everybody that voted.........ALL YOUR HERD WORK AND DEDICATION are now being recognised..........love from SALLY & DUKE ..xx..John & Janice

Congratulations from Murphy, Izzy and Archie up here in Inverness. Great news and well deserved! XXX