Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bootsie / Newsletter:

Hi all,

The most recent Newsletter is in production, but has been delayed due to Bootsie being unwell again

He was doing well but when Bob (at Vetrica) checked his blood, the pancreatic levels were high again. We have had another two weeks of Prescription ID diet, and tablets, and more bloods were taken on Saturday morning. We should have the readings / results by Wednesday of this week.

Bootsie also has a lump on his neck, which Bob wants to remove ~ depending on the results of the blood tests, this will be done on Friday.

Our poor boy has had a really tough time of it over recent months but he remains on good form, and as affectionate as ever

Please keep everything crossed for him ... and us.

Susan xx

Re: Bootsie / Newsletter:

Dear Susan, Mo & Bootsie,
You've had SUCH a tough time of it recently, we really feel for you. Nil desperandum, however, Bootsie is a strong boy who loves you both to bits so he has everything to live for, and the will to live should never be underestimated.
It's easy to say, I know, but I look back at Foxy, who may, or may not, have got over her broken leg, and Jock, who was never guaranteed a successful removal of his tumour. They were both initially treated by the same great vet practice as Bootsie and, thanks to Celia and Jimmy's initial tender care and a loving home environment, my 'humpties' are both mended (for the moment, at least!). I'm sure Bootsie will get over this and be fine.
Best wishes to you all,
M&Co

I am really sorry to hear about Bootsie. Our last dog had pancreatic cancer and I know how hard it is to watch them when they are ill.
Dogs are so brave and stoical and I hope he is feeling better very soon.
We have only recently got out greyhound, Tassie and he is such a joy. His blog might make you smile at http://dugmctassie.wordpress.com/
Best wishes,
Fiona and Tassie

Get well soon Bootsie.
Paws all crossed Mac n Maisie. Xxx

C'mon Bootsie boy - all your pals at the kennels are rootin' for you.
Your Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy.

I saw Bootie yesterday at Pets at home
Boy did he get xcited when he saw my friends cat!
Mags