Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CALENDAR REMINDER OR THERE WON'T BE ANY THIS YEAR!!!!!

For the past 6 years or so GRF has produced a fundraising wall calendar and we added a desk calendar a couple of years ago. These raise around £1200 which this year will go towards the kennel rebuilding fund. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, WE NEED PHOTOS FOR THE WALL CALENDARS. We have 3 sponsors for the DESK CALENDAR and need 10 more at £20each. If you wish to do this your dog will feature on your page in the desk calendar.
The Wall Calendar needs photos submitting, as high a quality as possible please. There is no cost to do this.
I NEED PHOTOS OR OFFERS OF SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK!!!!!

Although GRF was awarded £45K by the Support Adoption for Pets Scheme the actual cost of totally refurbishing the main kennel block will be around £80K and this is the start of a massive fundraising drive BY THE SUPPORTERS OF GRF. YES THAT'S YOU READING THIS! THE AWARD WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE KENNEL WORK AND WE NEED TO RAISE THE REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE ELSE ISN'T GOING TO DO IT, TIME TO KICK APATHY OUT THE DOOR, THE HOMELESS HOUNDS NEED YOUR HELP. THEY NEED YOUR FUNDRAISING IDEAS AND YOUR PARTICIPATION AND THIS WILL ENSURE THAT HOMELESS HOUNDS IN THE FUTURE WILL HAVE A SAFE PLACE UNTIL THEY FIND THEIR FOREVER HOME.

LOOK AT YOUR OWN DOGS AND JUST IMAGINE WHAT THEIR FATE COULD HAVE BEEN IF GRF DID NOT EXIST AND TRY TELLING THEM I CAN'T BE BOTHERED, SOMEONE ELSE CAN DO IT.

Michele

Re: CALENDAR REMINDER OR THERE WON'T BE ANY THIS YEAR!!!!!

Please reserve a page for Steve on the desk calendar. I will get a nice photo of him hopefully on Thursday and Karen will help me get this to you. I will give Jimmy the £20 for the sponsorship.

I will take a page on the wall calendar for Teigan and Jack. I'll give the money to Jimmy a week on Friday when I am at the kennels (Going on holiday for a week from tomorrow). When do you need the photo by and what's the mechanism for getting it to you?

Sorry Michele, I thought you'd had my lot so often on the calendar, you might like some 'new blood', but I can supply photos and am happy to sponsor a page (or two). I'll sort through our 'gallery' and send you a selection to choose from, then just let me know how much I owe you.
Marion

Can I have a space on wall calendar please

As suggested on FB I have emailed the photos of Teigan and Jack to you at marfykiwi@sky.com

Stanley, please get your 2leggers to email me photos of you asap.

Thanks, Frodo

I've emailed you a selection of pictures - just let me know if you want high res copies of any of them.

Michele:

Hopefully you got my texts confirming that we have two definite sponsors for months on the wall calendar - both of these are businesses, who we also got to sponsor last year.

I am waiting to hear from one other (again, someone who sponsored us last year).

As I also said, we would be happy to sponsor the cover, with a photo of Bootsie.

Susan x

Well said Michelle

Readers of this forum need to pull their socks up and do more to raise funds for the kennels instead of just assuming someone else will do it.

We all know who the fundraisers are, and I know you feel like we do that no one else can be bothered. There are of course others working in the background who do their bit, but its always the same people that GRF have to rely on.

So lets hope this gives the folks out there the push they need to get more involved in fundraising for this important building work.

Come on you lot. We need all of you to rally round and come up with some fund raising ideas and events.

The four of us have been doing boot fairs, selling on ebay etc, but we all live in Dundee - anyone of you could run a table at a boot fair local to you - any amount raised would go towards the building fund.

And there must be people who have the time to set up some other events like coffee mornings etc, who do not work full time like we do.

So come on!!! GRF Celia and Jimmy need you to help!!!

Kaz Brundell

Whilst we appreciate the sentiment of what you are saying, it is important to remember that many people make contributions to support GRF in their own way, be it financial, volunteering or simply promoting GRF at every available opportunity.

We think it is important not to alienate any supporters of GRF by criticising perceived lack of effort. I am sure we all do as much as we can to support Celia & Jimmy, and a cause which is dear to us all.

Susan & Mo.

I was not trying to alienate anybody. As I said in my previous post, there are valuable people who work hard in the background of GRF and their help in whatever way they give is invaluable.

I was simply trying to encourage more supporters to get a bit more involved in fundraising especially now that the cost of rebuilding the kennels will be about £80k. Whilst the grant Jimmy and Celia have been awarded goes a good way to finance that, they need more funds to complete the job.

Kaz

Team GRF

No one wants to alienate anyone but the fact is that we, the supporters of GRF (not Jimmy and Celia), need to get active anyway we can to raise the £30K+ needed for the rebuilding of the main kennel block. The £45K from the Support Adoption for Pets has to be used for the kennel building work and without the work being done makeshift repairs can only keep the kennel going for so long and no kennel, no GRF??????? This is a huge sum and it will take all of us together to do it.
Is somewhere near you having a carboot/tabletop sale? Please think about taking part for GRF. We have banners you can borrow for the front of your table. We are always in need of fresh stock for carbooting. Could you put up a sign at your work or mention to friends that GRF need stuff for carbooting?
Please support the calendar. With hopefully all production costs being covered by sponsors the calendars will raise over £1000 towards the building project.
Is anyone interested in a wee informal GRF Christmas Catalogue with items in it all generating a donation towards GRF? What would you like to see in it? Would you be prepared to take one to work, show your neighbours.....? Do you yourself have things you make you'd like to put in it? We need your input please.
Any ideas most welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Michele

Re: Team GRF

Hi Michelle - reserve a page on the wall calendar if still available - will get pic to you asap but I'm toying with my other gorgeous picture of Annie - Mikey and Dilly can wait till next year - just can't seem to get a decent photo of these ninnies together lol. X

Michele and Kaz,
You both achieve such a lot for GRF and I am full of admiration for everyone who does great hands-on things - be it the dog show, summer fete, coffee mornings, boot & e-Bay sales, calendars and Christmas cards, sponsored walks/runs, lucky numbers draws, raffles, the fab newsletter and website, or mucking out, feeding and walking the hounds.
I fail to offer such help, largely due to genuine commitments (work and an ageing greyhound family of my own) but also, I must confess, because I just 'don't get round to it'. There is always the Donations Button (8 down on the left). If all we passive GRF supporters gave just a little on the lead-up to Christmas, it could make a big difference to the Kennels Refurb Fund.
Michele, I think a GRF catalogue w/b great if the set-up costs aren't too high. It could include greyhound items, like Bert's coats, collars and leads, feeding bowls, clothing, promotional items, etc, as well as GRF Christmas cards and calendars, and could be available to download from the website.
I'm not sure about a Christmas gift catalogue, as so many of the charities do them already, but I may be wrong.

Michele, have sent an email and photos if you can use them.

Michelle - I have e-mailed you a photo today - would you be kind enough to confirm receipt - I will get money for the wall calendar to the kennels. X

I have e mailed a photo for the calander. Could you confirm receipt beford I leave money at the kennels thanks linda spinks

Please can you let me know when you receive the photo of Steve for the desk calendar. I don't know if there is room for any script but can you add beside his name that he is homeless? If you need more I have another photo of him and will donate another £20 to have him featured again. I am trying everything I can to rehome him before winter sets in.......

To clarify my last post, I know it's not my job to rehome any dog but I'm just trying to bring him to the attention of anyone who is looking to adopt in the near future.

Michelle - I have 2 e-mail addresses for you to which I sent the pics of Mikey but both have now failed - can you please e-mail at jamestaggart44@yahoo.co.uk so I have the up to date one. Many thanks.

Hi Jess, photo rec'd and he will be in the desk calendar. Feel free to send the other photo as well.

Thanks,
Michele

Hi Isobel,
photo rec'd safely thanks.

Michele.

marfykiwi@sky.com

Very many thanks, Michele. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the calendar. I have sent the second photo to Karen and she will send it on to you.