Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kennel refurbishment funds.

Had a visit from the builder who built our house. He says that it will be near impossible to knock down the walls of the old kennel and rebuild with all the dogs in situ. He has suggested that we need to definitely fireproof the kennel and install a heat exchanger system to cut condensation from all the dogs breath. This would mean that an outer fireproofed wall be built first which would keep all the dogs warm inside. Then insulation would go around the walls and then finally a fireproof inner board surrounding the inside of the kennel.
All of this and add on a heat exchanger would solve a lot of worries. Also this would be so much cheaper than a total rebuild and of course so much easier to implement. Therefore £85,000 will not have to be met, as the original estimate was for a total rebuild. We will continue to obtain estimates and various ideas. We would ask you to support events in which GRF are participating as the pet adoption scheme are providing the fabulous main fund but, Celia and the kennel ladies are bound to want new curtains etc. The dogs will probably settle for an en-suite bathroom each. Paddy certainly loves his shower cubicle bedroom in the house !
Celia and Jimmy.

Re: Kennel refurbishment funds.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad the funding gap isn't quite so alarming.
Mind you, once you factor in the en-suites and new soft furnishings, I'm not so sure! Joking apart, funding is an on-going process and not project specific so we do need to support events as/when/how we can.

I bet Paddy wouldn't be so fond of his bedroom if you ever turned on the shower

Re: Kennel refurbishment funds.

Hi Marion.
He loves his bed. I've almost to shower with him still in it.
It's a dog's life.
Jimmy.