Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIREWORKS ... AGAIN

Sorry, I could have sworn that 5th November was almost a fortnight ago and yet, here in Rosyth, some IDIOT is having a firework display as I type

Bootsie is shaking and, clearly, does not feel safe indoors at the moment. We spent a couple of nights in the Lake District this past week and he slept like a baby, through the night. Here, he wants out about 3 times a night and is very unsettled. Here we go again

If I could have found the culprit, I would have asked them to come in and see the effect they were having on our boy ... if their kids were upset like this we would hear about it soon enough

I am NOT a happy bunny.

Susan.

Re: FIREWORKS ... AGAIN

04.50 this morning - some idiot at the top of the street exploding fireworks all over the place. Dilly was bricking it - stopped just as I was about to phone the police. Everyone in our street are not happy bunnies today!!!! Are some folk just thick morons or what!

It's just a bloomin' nightmare - I was really annoyed last night when one of the prizes on ITV's 'Keep it in the Family' was £500 worth of fireworks ...... this was a show broadcast on the 16th November!

'Thick morons' just about covers it - IT HAS TO BE STOPPED

Big hugs for Dilly from Bootsie (and us) - he totally sympathises with her. People keep saying to us, "oh, you should get something from the vet for him" - what I'm trying, it seems unsuccessfully, to get across is that it's not just one night - as proved by your story. We cannot dope our dogs up for half of October, and the whole of November.

Susan x

How is Bootise and has he recovered from his trauma with the fireworks Susan?

My hound has become scared of the dark and won't cross my doorstep but stares at the sky ...I am hoping he will forget it all eventually.

Like your hound, Anji, Bootsie is scared of the dark and doesn't want to go out in the dark

We spent a couple of nights in the Lake District last week, and he was fine ... slept through the night and was fine about going out. Back home and he's up 2 or 3 times a nights, but not wanting to go any further than round the house in the dark

It's crap ... have you seen John's new website? We SO want to put a stop to the mis-use of fireworks ... NOBODY should have to go through what you did this year.

Susan xx

Tell me about it our poor daisy is the same Toby is more relaxed with it but the other night our neighbours set more big bang ones I was so angry fair enough 1 night but it lasts months!!

What do u think about ear plugs that can be used or even a form of hot candle wax to help block out the nose..... I tried pets at home for this apparently it's not invented!!

There's money to be made here lol