Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW WALK AT ST ANDREWS.

We've organised a final walk this year. It is a special walk at the West Sands, St Andrews on Sunday December 7th at 11am. This time we will be accompanied by the Red Gowns of St Andrews University. I have asked if they'd like to appear and they ae willing to help. We are hoping to get publicity via the St Andrews Citizen newspaper ( Marion/Susan can you contact them please ? ).
It will make for a colourful walk so we need plenty greyhounds there.
This will be our last walk until March so could we have a bumper crowd please and show off GRF to St Andrews ?
Remember dogs on lead and pickupdapoo.
See you all there.
Jimmy and Celia.

Re: NEW WALK AT ST ANDREWS.

Great! - I think West Sands is still the best venue in St Andrews and we shall be there. I am happy to notify the Citizen, (unless you already have contacts there Susan?) and we look forward to the walk. Sadly I flogged my red gown eons ago - but they're actually quite flappy and chilly garments so hats off to the students who brave them on West Sands in December!

FAB idea .... no, happy for you to make contact with the Citizen Marion

Looking forward to it ....

Susan xxx

I've just spoken to the St Andrews Citizen editor (Kevin?) and given them the GRF web address so they can contact you for some further information about GRF before Sunday. They will send a photographer along and they are also going to put a mention of the event in this week's Citizen (Wednesday, I think), which can only be good.
In the meantime, I'm going to put up a few posters on university notice boards to see if we can beef up the numbers of students in gowns. If anyone knows any students at St Andrews, please ask them to come along. AND please, please try to come yourselves, with your greyhound(s)and/or items to sell.
Hope to see you on Sunday!

That's great Marion

Not sure I'll be able to do the whole walk, as I'm just out of hospital, but we'll be there

Hope we get a decent day for this walk, as it would be fantastic publicity.

Susan x

Thanks Susan - hope you're recovering well, and that 2015 will be a year free of medical problems for the Rover Reporter and his lovely family.
I think it may be cold on the day so wrap up warm!

We will also be there with the last of the mugs, hound heads and bandana's along with raffle tickets for the Christmas hampers and if anyone still wants to buy a brick, you can order and pay for it on the day and it will be sent out to you.

Lets make this a super last walk of 2014 folks.

Since the Press are coming could we have your most colourful jackets on the greyhounds ( and yourselves ) please ?
Let's put on a great show.

We're looking forward to it - the Rover Reporter is very excited about meeting a human Reporter

Working on a Newsletter to be on the website before Christmas, but I've been in hospital so a bit behind - this has NOT been our year

Love to you all,
Susan xx

2legger says bring a wee cup each if you'd like a warming non alcoholic mulled "wine" :-)