Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jilly

Hello, I just thought I would let you know how Jilly (Jill) is getting on in her new home. She came to me on the 28/11/14 and is settling in well. She is a lovely girl who's character is already beginning to show. She had a fun day yesterday meeting lots of my friends, they all loved her! She came up to the yard with me and was very good and didn't seem phased by it. She also had a trip to pets at home so I could pick up some food for her, it also meant treating her to some new teddies! She loves to play with her toys, she launches herself onto her bed to play with them. She has claimed the big sofa as her bed! And is currently fast asleep on it whilst I write this! Today we are going up to the yard again then we are going for a walk round Arthur's seat. I am pleased to say that she is being very clean, we haven't had any accidents in the house (yet) and she is telling me when she needs to go out! You were right in the fact that she is very food orientated! And gets very excited when I tell her it's supper time! I'll give you another up date soon once she's been with me for a week or so and tell you what we have been up too!

Re: Jilly

You can see Jilly on her new sofa bed on Post Your Pics page 58.

She looks so contented. Bang goes the sofa! X

Hi Sophie.
Thank you for the great update on wee Jilly.
It's great to know that she is getting on fine.
Please give her a cuddle from us.
We look forward to your next post.
Jimmy and Celia.

I will definately give her a cuddle from you both. She loves her cuddles :) I don't think she's too impressed that I get up at 6.30- she put herself back to bed this morning whilst I had my breakfast! I've certainly lost the big sofa to her now especially when she's fully stretched out! We went to my friend for supper last night and she curled up in her dogs bed and went to sleep so she's settling well. I'll give you another update soon about how she is :)

Just another Jilly update now that she's been living with me for a week. I can't believe I've had her for a week already, it's been so lovely having her in the flat. She certainly knows who I am and I get such a welcome every morning from her and a big wag of the tail! She certainly has a cheeky character - i was having a quick tidy and because I wasn't giving her all the attention we decided that we had to steal the bath mat and put it on my bed, followed by my shoes and finally one of her teddies! I took her up to the yard again today and let her have a run in the arena, she had great fun and learnt how to play fetch with a ball, she soon realised that if she bought it back I would through it again. She's a pleasure to walk and is settling more when I go round to friends houses. We went round to a friend today and she decided that my friends dogs bed was hers and went to sleep. She's my new best friend and I can't imagine not having her around.

That's fab she has settled so well, sounds like Christmas at your house will be a riot, with presents disappearing from under the tree and turning up in Jilly's bed! I have a suspicion it'll be the same in my house!

Glad you're having loads of fun with her and I hope you both have lots of happy times ahead of you.

I agree with you there, I am yet to put my tree up as am a little worried it won't last too long. I think I'm going to have to put my presents out at the very last minute or they'll go missing like you said, especially as I will have my parents dog staying too and she thinks every present is hers! It's going to be a fun combination. I'll have to try and get some picks go her unwrapping her presents! :)

Hi Sophie.
We look forward to seeing the photos - - - if Jilly hasn't stolen your camera.

Celia and Jimmy.