Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kora

We got Kora (Cola) in July this year after being smitten by Bonnie who we brought home in January! How different these two wee souls are. Reading all the stories about other greyhounds and how they have settled in to there new home sounds very similar to Bonnie but Kora has been extremely different apart from enjoying all food either in her food bowl, on your plate before you've had time to eat it or from the work top!!! She was very nervous, lacking in confidence, to this day will not come on the settee or bed (unlike Bonnie) prefers her own space/bed and let's out a growl if any of the other dogs comes into her area so they all leave her alone! It was a bit of a problem with 4 of them in the car but we've overcome this. We did have her on Calmex for a few weeks as she had a false pregnancy before we got her dressed so thought her hormones were troubling her. She luvs her walks, her nickname is skippy as she springs into the air with me hanging on to the other end of the lead. She is always pleased to see you if you've been out but very quickly goes away to her bed although now the wood burner is on this seems to be a favourite chilling out space, I wonder why!,!
I feel she misses out sometimes as Bonnie would have you petting her all day every day but for us it's very strange having a dog so estranged from the rest of the family. She seems a happy wee soul, delights in bringing all our walking boots and wellies into the living room but not interested in any toys, hates squeaky toys but luvs to play in the straw at the stables and try to catch mice!
It's been a learning curve for us and we wouldn't part with her for the world but it would be interesting to hear from anyone else who had a similar wee family member!

Re: Kora

They're all so different aren't they. Sorry, I am presently trying to type this but Bella thinks my right hand is for patting not typing! Our old Annie didn't know what play was for a long, long time and could take it or leave it thereafter. Although she was the most wonderful creature she too kept herself to herself most of the time. Mikey, god love him, only wants petting on HIS terms and a hand reached out to him for a cuddle is often rejected. You would scarcely know he was around for the best part. Dilly and the "new girl" Bella appear to be alike in that they want attention ALL the time which usually means we are accompanied even to the toilet! The only thing they all do have in common is the uproar when the car keys are lifted indicating walkies time. So don't worry, she's not missing out on your love - just give her what she wants when she wants it. Xxx

Re: Kora

Hi Nikki and Willie.
Don't worry. Isobel is absolutely correct.
They are all different.
Even with housetraining some never mess from day one and others take time. It all depends on each one's basic nature. It can take a long time before a nervous one becomes quite confident.
Thank you so much for staying by her. We get so many people returning dogs at the first sign of any problem whatsoever. They expect a dog on wheels.
Please give her a big cuddle from her old auntie and uncle.
Celia and Jimmy.