Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carlo

We had a recent call from Pets at Home vet in Perth.

They had taken in a lovely little lurcher boy called CARLO. He had an extremely badly broken front leg. The vet intended amputating the leg and asked if we could take him into the kennels once his aftercare was over. We said we could raise money to have the leg fixed by the brilliant surgeon Mr. John Ferguson from St Monans. Unfortunately, after seeing the x-rays he concluded that amputation was the only option. The very nice lady vet in Perth is amputating his leg and has found someone very nice to take CARLO home. A good ending to a sad little story.

Good luck little CARLO from all at GRF.

Carlo

Re: Carlo

As you say, a good outcome for the little hopalong. It was worth a try with JF as he will operate if he possibly can, particularly with a young dog like Carlo. I've known an older lurcher cope well with only one foreleg, so Carlo should adapt fine. As you say, he and his new owner just need to look after the good front leg from now on.

Aw bless his little heart!!! Glad to hear there is a good end to this story.

Good luck little chap

God bless him, I hope he has a long and happy life now.

Wee soul

It is heartwarming to hear that he has already found a new home ... hope he and his new owner will have many happy years together.

Susan.

Sorry folks - I got the story slightly wrong.
The person I mentioned is coming next week to see him and presumably take him home. I thought that it was a done deed.
Apologies.
Jimmy.