Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LASS

We are very sad to report that yesterday wee Lass our 17 years old lurcher had to be put to sleep.

Everyone who came to the kennels met her, ancient but still able to get about and try to steal the young dogs' food.

The most amazing thing is that she met all 860 of our greyhounds, including Tiggy the founder dog of GRF.

Over the last couple of years she was failing but still up for her beloved wee walks and her dinners.

Most people will hardly recognise Lass from the photos but in her prime over 50 yards she could take any of the greyhounds on.

Mummy and Daddy can never replace you wee girl. We loved you so much.

Take those greyhounds out again over Rainbow Bridge darling Lass.

Celia and Jimmy.

Lass

A PROUD GIRL

Lass 2

I SEE FOOD

Lass smiling

DOLLY FED ME.

Lass

WITH FRITZ

Re: LASS

Really sorry to hear that youve lost Lass, its always hard to loose aloved pet but she had a good life and certainly reigned supreme in the kennels. Thinking of you, Averil, Jack and Morgan.

So sad to hear about Lass

Our thoughts are with you both ... it's been one hell of a week

Run free sweet Lass ...

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

So sorry for you Celia and Jimmy. Even when you know it's coming, it hurts so much. But what an amazing life the wee Lass has had and what a stunner she was when she was a gal. It's amazing to think that she has shared your whole greyhound experience with you. Just think what stories she will have to tell over the bridge and how many old friends she will meet!
She may even meet Dylan, who left us early on Thursday morning following a massive seizure that couldn't be stemmed. I'm still numb.

Oh Celia and Jimmy and also Marion

So sorry to hear of your losses. It is so hard when they go.

Thinking of you all

Kaz, Pat Ace and Jade xx

So sorry to hear all this bad news, especially at this time of year. Our thoughts are with you.

Run free wee Lass. Thoughts are with you.

Re: LASS and Dylan

Jimmy and Celia and Marion, so sorry to hear about Lass and Dylan. I think Dylan has appeared in quite a few of the GRF calendars, so I feel that I know him.

Thinking of you xx

Aw gee Marion.
What on earth can we say ?
Dylan was one of the most beautiful looking and gentle dogs we ever met.
We are so terribly sorry to hear that.
On Sunday both dogs were fine !!
However, he couldn't have had a better Mummy. He had a great life with you even though in the end he couldn't see you.
He can run free now with Lass.
We are so sorry for you.
Celia and Jimmy.

I am so sorry to hear about Lass, I will never forget her fantastic grin, she was the first dog I ever saw smiling. I know you'll both be devastated and she'll be very missed by everyone.

Marion sorry to hear about Dylan too, it doesn't matter how long we have them, it's just never long enough.

Thinking of you all.

Karen, Finn and Ellie

Sorry to hear about Lass.Our thoughts are with you both. RUN FREE WEE LASS. Erine-Paddy-Jenny and Bobby

Dylan:

Oh Marion, we're so terribly sorry to hear about Dylan ...

What can I say ... as you said to me, only a few days ago, why do these things always seem to happen at Christmas?

It is just so sad - you & Dylan were lucky to find each other and will live on, forever, in each other's hearts and thoughts.

Run free, over the Bridge, sweet boy ... Barney and Lass will be looking out for you.

Love from,
Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Re: Dylan:

Oh god poor celia and jimmy this time o year you seem to get bad news thoughts with you ....l gill and willow xxxs and marion xx

So sorry Jimmy, Celia and Marion...Terrible news...They had the most loving homes, which is what any dog could wish for.X

Re: Dylan:

Thanks everyone, Dylan will live on (sleepily) in this year's calendar (thanks Michele). He has taught me so much about adapting to adversity (progressive blindness), bravery, and making the most of what life has to offer. I'm just full of love and admiration.

So sorry to hear about the loss of Lass Celia & Jimmy

I will always remember her cosied up in her wee fleecey coat in her bed in the kennels and her reluctance to come for a walk with me!!
Run over the rainbow bridge gorgeous girl. Hope you guys are ok.

Marion sorry to hear about Dylan. He seemed like a very special boy. Run free handsome guy. I know it's never easy but I hope you and the rest of your hounds are bearing up.

Love to all

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy and Davie xxxx

We are so sorry to hear about wee Lass and know how sad you must be feeling just now. You gave that wee girl the best life a dog could have and also the best Mum and Dad in the world. She had a great life and so many wonderful doggy friends to play with. Run free over the Rainbow Bridge little girl and meet lots of them again. Thinking about you and sending love from Liz, Richard, Carrie, Squeek and Spot xxxxx.

So sorry to hear about your loss. 17 years... Take comfort in a good and full life. Sad as it is. We will be thinking of you all.

Tula says she remembers him and hope he will meet Booker.

Marion, Our condolences to you too. It is jus awful when this happens. You must also take comfort in the good life you provided.

Greg, Nicolai, Tula, Nubis & Möet

Goodness, that's so hard to read without feeling huge lump in your throat. Really sorry to hear the sad news Celia and Jimmy. She looked a wee cracker and a bit of a character - I'm not at all surprised to read that she had a fair turn of speed. They're such wonderful companions and it's absolutely heartbreaking when they leave us. XX