Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Food for kennel dogs

Hi Jimmy and Celia

Me and my family including Joey and Sue would like to give something back to the kennel dogs awaiting homes. I was thinking bags of food and treats. Is there any food that they are fed in particular at the kennel that you would prefer them to continue on?? Unfortunately this wont be brought to you to the new year as I'm working so much until next year. Also Joey and Sue arent feeling great at the minute so dont want them mixing with other dogs just now. Would love to bring them with us and let them have a play together in your runs but wont be able too until they are 100% fit.
If you let me know I will sort out food and treats for them all and maybe something extra for you both (wish I had done it sooner to be honest just had alot happen in our family since getting Joey and Sue). I will even be willing to help you out for the day if I cant bring the dogs for a visit. I will also try and not leave with another greyhound (please celia dont try, I'll cave to easy and end up leaving with 5)

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Merry Christmas to you both and the hounds.

Katie, Joey and Sue

P.S I will also try and bring up some wool as well.

Re: Food for kennel dogs

Hi Katie.
That is very kind of you. Our guzzlers will eat anything They are quite well off for treats. We thank you very much indeed for any kind of food donation.
You, Joey and Sue are welcome at our kennels anytime at all and we'd love to see you all.
We're kind of unenthusiastic about the runs just now since a couple of dogs have ripped out their dew claws braking too hard.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
A very Merry Christmas from all of us and the dogs.

Thanks very much for letting me know I will see what I can find. Oh dear that doesnt sound very good about your runs maybe once they have hardened up again after the winter they will be better. Our pair have thankfully kept there dew claws despite sue (who when excited jumps all over you) getting 3 infections in her nail bed and was told if it happens again the vet wanted to remove them surgically. So far touch wood she has kept them and no more problems.
Once they are both fit and well we will bring them for a visit might not be at the time we bring up the food hopefully it will be though. If not as I said I'll clear my diary that day and I'll come and spend the day and help where I can.

Katie

Hi Katie.
You are always welcome at the kennels.
Just let us know when and we'll be there to meet you.
Poor Sue. Good luck little girl. Keep your claws on.
Celia and Jimmy.