Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vet in Edinburgh

Hello "greyhounders" in Edinburgh. Could anyone recommend a nice vet for me to take Bob to. He was neutered a week ago, and had his first vaccination at the vets in Roysth, but I feel its just a wee bit far to travel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone lives near me (Roseburn), and fancies getting together occaissionally for a greyhound walk and blether just get in touch.

Bob continues to settle in well and is proving to be quite a character! He has become firm friends with a lovely Lhaso Apso called Tia!

Andy.

Re: Vet in Edinburgh

I've used Dundas Vet Group's Granton Road surgery for all my greyhounds. Jane and Sheila are the vets and I've always found them very good.

We use Mackie & Brechin in Kirkliston. They look after our three and we've seen quite a few greys in there. They certainly seem to know the breed, which to me is important in finding a vet.

My mum uses browns in Corstorphine, hes been around for years she has great faith in him.

We use iain butt vets at loanhead, just near the straiton retail park. They have been great with our greys & whippets x

I travel from Haddington to Musselburgh to go to Gordon vets. Roger Gordon was the track vet at Powderhall and he could frequently tell what the problem is by watching them walk in the door! Sadly he died but his son has taken over the practice and has the same ethos as Roger did. There are still some vets there who trained as vets at Powderhall which makes all the difference. Their prices are more reasonable than our local vets too which helps given the number of dogs I have!

Am up for meeting up for a walk any time - we're moving back to Edinburgh in the summer so that will make it easier. I don't get up to the GRF walks or kennels much because its a 2-3 hour round trip which is a shame because mine love being along other hounds