Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts for Hogmanay ...

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, my Mummy apologises for not having finished the Newsletter as yet - this WILL be on the website during January.

My humans have not had a very good year, nor have some of my doggy friends Other than all my greyhound friends who have passed over the Bridge, I have lost three of my special friends ... Splicer Swan was first - he was a lovely gentle golden retriever who lived next door ... his Mummy & Daddy miss him terribly. Next was my Granny & Grandad's dog, Barney ... Barney was a Swedish Vallhund, and we all miss him loads. Lastly, was Harvey Brown who lived with my dog-walker and his lovely wife ... Harvey is sadly missed. At this time of year, it is difficult not to think of those who are no longer with us ... Mummy Mo's Mum died in February, and we are thinking of her tonight, along with all our lost doggy friends on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

I am lucky ... I have been here, in my forever home, for almost 3 years now, and I am very happy. Please, cuddle your hounds tonight and make the most of every single precious minute you have together.

I hope that 2015 will be a happy and healthy one for you all, and for those of you who are sad tonight ... know that you have enjoyed the love of a greyhound and that that dog died as a pet - the dream of all greyhounds.

Love from,
Bootsie (aka your Rover Reporter) xxxx

Re: Thoughts for Hogmanay ...

Happy New Year Bootsie from Liz, Richard, Carrie, Squeek and Spot - the last four being in their sleepy beds already. I am here sitting alone, thinking about our lovely big Leo,who crossed over the Bridge in October this year. We still miss him so much.

What a lovely message you sent us all. It had me in tears by the end of it. Our lives are happy again, since adopting Squeek and Spot. They are such beautiful dogs, like yourself of course Bootsie. They are full of fun and so loving. They cannot type as well as you though!

Happy New Year Bootsie, to you and all your family and friends. Lots of love, Liz and the other sleeping four! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Thoughts for Hogmanay ...

I hope 2015 is a better year for you. Lovely to see the Rover Reporter as Mr January on the 2015 calendar. A lovely photo of a lovely dog.