Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pet Insurance for Bob

Hi Guys, need your help again. Have been checking out pet insurance for Bob and it seems to be much more expensive than I remember. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that offers value for money.

Andy

Re: Pet Insurance for Bob

I have my two insured with MoreThan (as were my previous two greys). I have found their premiums competitive and on the one occasion I had to make a claim they paid up incredibly promptly. They have a UK call centre where the people are very pleasant and helpful.

Hi there,

Pet insurance opens up a can of worms as there are so many conditions to the policies from the companies. Excess's, existing conditions not being covered, The amount you can claim is it per condition or total over all claims over the cover period. Plus quite often dogs over 8 are not being covered.

If you search the forum for pet insurance there are a few threads on here however this is a link to one of them for you to look at.

Click here to previous thread about pet insurance

Hope this helps

George, Morag

Billy & Lassie

Hi Andy,

We use Pet Plan ... have never had a problem with them AND they deal directly with the vet, which means that you do not have to pay up-front and then re-claim. We just pay the excess, and the vet sees to the rest.

I wouldn't say it's the cheapest, we pay £41.77 per month for their top level Insurance but they have always paid out without question ... and we have had several claims over the past year!

Good luck.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie.