Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can greyhounds run on straw

Hi, As our Greyhound just ,like the rest likes to have a run on back grass, couple sections have become really muddy, just wondered if you have any tips. I know I can buy a few strips turf but it wont get time to knit together, I thought about maybe some astro turf but when googled people say it can burn the dogs pads. some suggest bark or straw but im not convinced.

Re: can greyhounds run on straw

You could try grass/turf reinforcement mesh?
If you google it you'll see what I mean. Mate of mine has it for kids football antics!!

Re: can greyhounds run on straw (Artificial Grass)

We put artificial grass down a year and a half ago and our dogs Billy and Lassie love it as do we.

There is no mud brought in to the house and it is easy to keep clean with a hose down every so often. It holds the heat in the summer and the dogs love to lie on it.
It can be slightly more slippy if they are running around but ours don't have any problems with it at all even if they slip.

Even in winter it looks good and is easy to keep clean of any mess, Best thing we ever did.

It is not cheap as it's the same preparation work as mono block to lay, There is no more cutting the grass just enjoy your garden as your neighbors are out cutting theirs. Its brilliant and it has a 25 year guarantee. Perfect for us!!!

We would recommend artificial grass to any one thinking about it.

Here is a picture of the dogs relaxing on the artificial grass.

Hope it helps

George, Morag

Billy and Lassie