Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mikey

Thinking of renaming Mikey as Gums. Another 7 teeth gone - my poor boy. He was so poorly when we picked him up from the vets that I was teary eyed, but I never cease to be amazed at the resilience of these dogs - he`s still got his stunning good looks (well - according to me) and his appetite back! Also amazed at how gentle the girls were with him when he came home, kissing his face and giving him peace for a couple of days, bless. It was nice while it lasted....lol.

Re: Mikey

Get well soon Mikey

Poor Mikey - Bootsie sends BIG cuddles xxxxx

Apparently dogs get on quite well with no teeth, as they tend to 'wolf' their food without too much chewing - which begs the question as to how their teeth get bad in the first place?!
With retired racers, I think a lot of the damage has already been done before we get them but it's also down to individual dogs. I have 14-year old Kim, who has a full set of perfect teeth and has never needed a dental, but Bryn and Jock (10-11 year olds) have both needed dental work.
I swear by daily brushing and hide chews (once poor Mikey's gums have healed). Bones are great but most vets advise against them on account of splinters causing internal damage.
I'm sure your gummy Mikey is just as gorgeous as ever, and with sweet-smelling breath!