Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newsletter ...

The January 2015 Newsletter is now on the Website.

Susan.

Re: Newsletter ...

Thank you for posting the latest newsletter, and for mentioning the "Wool Wanted"! I collected some from the kennels a couple of weeks ago and Kaz very kindly brought a huge bagful to me in December, which has allowed me to make 7 blankets (so far) for the Tayside Cat Shelter at Glencarse which I will hand in there next week. Alan also sells bikes and re homes lost and abandoned golf balls, all to raise funds for the hounds, so if anyone is looking for a bike or golf balls give me a shout!

Fiona B.

Thank you Susan @ Bootsie, that was a lovely, and emotional newsletter. It's great to look back on all that has happened, especially over the Christmas period and, as you say, look forward to a bright new year in 2015.

Hi Susan

Great newsletter and thank you for your kind comments on our fundraising efforts.

We will continue to do what we can (We being Michelle, Nic, Pat and me and our various four leggers)

Kaz

Hi Susan.
I didn't think you could have improved on the last Newsletter, but you certainly have.
Excellent professionalism will always show.
A great Newsletter, thank you.
Jimmy and Celia.

What a fabulous job you do of the newsletter - I so look forward to it and appreciate the effort put in to it. Well done again. X

Thank you all for your kind comments - it's lovely to get your feedback, also happy to take any ideas for future Newsletters

Bootsie & I are blushing ......

Susan x

Thank you so much Susan for your great Newsletter. What a nice surprise it was to see your lovely piece about the loss of our big beautiful boy LEO. He was the love of our life, as is his girlfriend Carrie, who missed him dearly. She is now happy once again, since her two new boyfriends, SQUEEK and SPOT arrived in our lives. Our hearts are bursting with love for all three now.

We were devastated when Leo suddenly took ill with a bad limp, while we were away on holiday in the Western Isles, and who was seen by a vet there and given medication for his pain. They thought it was probably arthritis, but on having an emergency x-ray done, as soon as we got back home, as his limp was getting much worse, our vet phoned us, just before we were leaving to go and pick him up again and to get the results of the x-ray. She gave us the very bad news that it was bone cancer in his leg and that she thought it was best for Leo to put him to sleep while he was still sleepy from the anaesthetic. This was the worst news she could have given us, as we did not get the time to come to terms with what she had said.

What made it so much worse for all of us, was that Richard had to fly to South Africa to take a course there, just hours after Leo was put to sleep. I will never know how he got the strength to do that. The very long flight there must have been horrendous for him. I had no one to comfort me at home either, and Carrie was just lost and bewildered, wondering where her boyfriend was and why Mummy was crying all the time.

Just when we thought the pain would never go away and that we could never adopt another Greyhound ever again, we were sent the poem "A Dog’s Last Will & Testament", which is beautiful. It made us decide that we had to adopt another Greyhound, as soon as possible, in memory of our beloved Leo.

On the way to the kennels, to adopt another beautiful Greyhound, a lovely big rainbow stretched right over the road we were driving on, not far from our home and we both thought exactly the same thing, that it was a sign from Leo at the bridge, telling us it was OK to give another homeless hound our love and all his toys! The rainbow seemed to follow us on our journey to the kennels and by the time we got there, I thought I had nearly persuaded Richard that we should adopt two and not one. After saying no a few times, I promised to pay for their pet insurance and that swayed him in the end!

We are both so pleased that we did adopt two in the end, as SQUEEK and SPOT have brought us so much happiness and laughter and have helped to ease the pain of losing Leo. Although, I still cry every time his name is mentioned, or look at his photo. So thank you Susan so much, for giving Leo a mention in the Newsletter. It did make me cry once again, but I was so touched to read it. We will never forget him, he was a wonderful, special big boy. Crying again now!!

Thank you for your lovely e-mail ~ it was me who sent the poem to you and I hoped, when sending it, that it wouldn't upset you too much. I remember your emotional response to it at the time.

Leo would be so proud of you both, and Carrie. Spot and Squeek are very lucky hounds, and we all wish you many happy and healthy years together.

I'm so glad that you approved of the piece in the Newsletter.

Susan xx