Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here we go again ...

... took Bootsie to the vet during the week, as his tummy was a bit upset and we are always aware of his Pancreatitis. Bob reckoned he had colitis, and gave him antibiotics. HOWEVER, I mentioned a small lump on his right hind leg ... Bob wants to remove the lump as it's in a place that is known for greyhounds to get skin cancer Bob then manipulated Bootsie's back legs, and when he was manipulating the back right leg Bootsie screamed his head off - this is, apparently, unusual so we have to have an x-ray too ... both procedures scheduled for Thursday morning.

Thank God for Pet Plan!

Fingers and paws crossed, once again, please .....

Will keep you posted.

Susan & Mo xx

Re: Here we go again ...

Dear Susan, Mo and Bootsie,
How can one of the happiest human/greyhound families I know of be so beset with problems?! I'm so sorry to hear of this latest concern and hope sincerely that the lump is benign and the pain temporary and not associated.
We have all fingers and paws crossed here and please keep us updated.
On a positive not, black dogs should be least prone to skin cancer as they have more protective pigment in their skin, so we are hopeful for a good outcome.
M&Co

We agree absolutely with Marion.
We hope that the outcome is very good news.
C'mon Bootsie big man. Get completely better soon.
Auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy.

Oh no, poor Bootsie. Sending you all good vibes - lots of hugs and best wishes from Mikey, Dilly and Bella. Xxx

Oh Marion, you're right ... between worrying about Bootsie, and my Mum (who is currently undergoing hospital treatment again), and waiting for my own scan & x-ray, there is no good news here. The one being who keeps us going / laughing is Bootsie ... without him, things would be very dark indeed.

So Marion, Isobel, Celia & Jimmy ... thank you for your good wishes - we will keep you all posted.

Love,
Susan xx

I'm so sorry to hear what a difficult time you are going through at the moment. Kitty and I have our paws and fingers crossed for all of you.
Best, Jo

I know just what you mean, Susan, greyhounds seem to be exceptionally tuned in to how you're feeling and adapt their behaviour accordingly - it's quite uncanny and sounds nuts unless you've actually experienced it.
I'm sure Bootsie will do his best to keep you and Mo going/laughing throughout your current problems and we hope you all emerge happy and healthy.