Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
As another year draws to an end ....

....my dogs would like to thank the important people in their lives, before me.
Kim was rescued by Clark's Farm (Steve and Sandra) and was rejected by his first home. He's been with me nearly 12 years.
Bryn was rescued by GRF and had a lovely year with Fiona & Stuart before he found the younger children difficult to deal with and was rightly returned. He has aged beautifully and is the sweetest dog now.
Jock (the lad) was in a home where only his Dad loved him and came to GRF when his Dad's shift work made it impossible to keep him (lucky me!).
Foxy broke her leg racing and Celia and Jimmy mended her. I believe she would have stayed with Celia, had I not 'stolen' her - she is a complete one-off who drives me mad but makes me laugh every day.
Foggy is a lurcher who is going blind (like my Dylan before him). His owner, Liam, thought the world of him but couldn't keep him any more so took him to Celia and Jimmy. I spoke to him on the phone and he was heart-broken. Foggy was a skinny kid who has grown into a strapping lad. His eyesight is failing fast but he is coping well so far - he is fearless and has the enthusiasm of youth, so there will no doubt be scrapes along the way!
And these are just five dogs. Rescues like Clark's Farm and Greyhound Rescue Fife play a life-changing role for hundreds of retired racing greyhounds, so on behalf of all the dogs and their happy families, thank you.