Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Fostering Trina

Some of you may remember Trina from the kennels back in 2013

She was rehomed in August 2013 but sadly due to circumstances completely beyond her control she was returned to GRF yesterday. She is now eight years old, but just as stunning as she always has been. As you probably know, dogs that come back from homes tend not to settle back into kennel life so we have decided to foster her until she can find a new, permanent home.

She has settled in well given all the change she has been through this last couple of days. She had been an only dog, but she seems quite happy to be staying with three other greys, especially Boss (I think she fancies him!)

More updates over the next few days, but in the meantime here are two photos of a sleepy Trina relaxing in her new (temporary) home

If any of you are interested in giving Trina her forever home please contact Celia and Jimmy at GRF

Re: Fostering Trina

Thanks for kindly fostering the little lady Steve.
Celia and Jimmy.

Yes, I recognised her instantly, Steve, and it's a great thing you have done, giving her an interim foster home. If she steals Boss's heart you may have a fight on your hands when it comes to passing her on! Good luck.

Todays update. She slept well last night and enjoyed her walk first thing this morning in the pitch dark. She's quite inquisitive and has been exploring the house and the garden today. She's been to the garden quite a lot today - seems to pee a lot more than the others. Maybe it's just due the anxiety of her new situation. I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.

Just back from this afternoons walk and can report two things. First, she was rather keen to catch up to two spaniels that were walking ahead of us, and I suspect if she had caught up with them it would not have been for a nice chat about the weather! Second, on the way back she saw a cat walking away from us down the alley. She was up on her back legs trying to get to it, so she's definitely not cat safe! Despite that she is very easy to walk on the lead and even when she was pulling to see the small furries she wasn't a handful.

Steve

You are so kind taking her in to foster her. And your photo's are so professional, she looks such a gorgeous girlie.

Hope she is soon offered a new home - unless she ends up staying lol !!!

What a sweet looking little dog

But what a transformation when food is involved! Good as gold the first two meals, but now she's a bit more settled she has turned into bit of a monster at dinner time. She's been an only dog for such a long time she clearly doesn't like the idea of anyone sharing her food, or space, when there's a bowl of food on offer.

Steve,

That photo of Trina's face, half asleep, is ABSOLUTELY stunning

Susan, Mo & Bootsie x

Trina (racing name Straun Taka) had a fair bit of success in her racing days - 60 races, 9 wins 10 second places.

Click here to see her pedigree

Trina is related to our boy then. He also had Head Honcho and Walkabout Sid in his family tree

She's lovely, wish I had the room. Gorgeous pictures x

Wish you had the space? She's really quite small you know!

Small and feisty - just like my Foxy, and about the same age, actually, although Foxy has perfect table manners (now!). She's mellowed with age (a bit), and I expect Trina has too so she will be a joy to live with.
Pictures are fab, as ever - love the giant paws!

I've been firmly told 2 is our maximum

Trina is settling in well here. She's very playful and makes me laugh when she bows down and barks at the other three for a game - they're just not interested!

She is very inquisitive, and very alert when we walk through wooded areas. So far the only other dog we have met has been the local collie pup and she got on fine with him. She was very interested in the cat at the end of the lane this morning, but didn't pull as hard as Boss or Lucy.

Thanks the updates on Trina's fostering experience, they're great. Seems she is probably less feisty than Foxy, as my little 'lady' might not have been so polite to a collie pup.
She sounds like a fab little greyhound, who is doing a great exercise in bonding!

AWWWW she is stunning would have been a great friend for willow but I have a small furry cat called Mia lol

Tonight Trina tried to take the toy that Boss was playing with. He gave an assertive growl and then got on with it. Then she tried again and got more of the same. She was bright enough to leave it after that and a warning from me. And then, well, Boss came back through with his toy, dropped it beside her, wagged his tail and sniffed her face and wandered off. Feeling very proud of my boy!

Wow, what a gentleman!!

Well, there you are, the age of chivalry is not dead and love is in the air

Ahh, aren't they just wonderful dogs. They make us smile every day with their antics. We are so glad we adopted a Greyhound, or 3.

You are doing a great job with Trina Steve. The photos are just fabulous of her.

Greyhounds have got the most beautiful faces. They know how to melt our hearts with those big sad eyes.

Love the new hounds in the kennels, especially Wee Bob!

Considering what she's gone through I don't think Trina has sad eyes at all. Today she's been playing with Kell - they've been chasing each other in the garden between the fence and the house

Great that you have fostered Trina, Steve, would have been difficult for the little girl to go back to kennels again after so long in her own home.

If I'm thinking of the right Trina (and I think I am) Lyndsey and I were actually there the day she came to the kennels and were the ones who 'checked her in' as for some reason Jimmy & Celia were away somewhere at the time (can't remember specifics).

I remember her well as she was a little hyper and highly strung (understandable) when she first came but there was something quite loveable about her, she maybe reminded me of our Louise! Just one of those crazy grey girls that just needed love, attention and reassurance. I always remember her as a little stocky madam that was relatively strong on the lead but there was always something in her that made me think she could be a really loving pet for someone.

Bizarrely Lyndsey and I were just thinking about her the other day (before I read this) and were trying to remember her name. We thought it was TINA (almost!) which incidental is what we sometimes call Louise (but thats another story!).

Now I've seen the older picture of her (the one of her standing in the runs, in her stocky, thumpy manner!) I can't quite believe how much she resembles our Charlie (in colour and markings anyway)!!

Hopefully someone comes along and gives her a new forever home soon, she looks like a lovely girl in your recent pics, a bit more grey in the face but that's just comes when they chill out on a sofa!

I know there's a home for Trina out there somewhere...

Keep up the good work Steve and gang

Ben, Lyndz, Min, Lou & Charles

She's changed in build since that original photo three years ago - she's a little tin ribs now. Mind you, so was Boss when we first got him and he's filled out nicely.

Yesterday we met up with one of the neighbours and his three pointers. His pointers are one of those rare types of dog - one that all of ours get along with with! Trina was happily sniffing and wagging tails too, so that's good. She's also met the neighbourhood grumpy greyhound who barked at her but she didn't react. And finally, she met next doors two little fluffy white dogs on our way out yesterday. She saw them at a safe distance and pretty much ignored them, but I think that's more to do with the fact she was keen to get up onto the hill for her walk because she takes a keen interest in smaller dogs when we're out.

We all went for a walk at Beecraigs this morning. Trina was on high alert the whole way round.

She was bit of a handful when the various out of control over friendly spaniels were running about her, and she was up two legs trying to get at them! She's tired now after that big adventure!

For the benefit of anyone thinking about adopting Trina... You're too late - she's staying with us!!!!!

I bet none of you could see that happening

What a surprise Steve !
Would never have guessed 😜

WHAT a surprise !!!!!!!

Delighted for Trina, and for you Look forward to seeing you all on some of the walks.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Who would ever have seen that coming!!
Hope you all have a wonderful life together.

Well done Steve = we all knew that was going to happen.

She obviously fits in very well with you all.

Thank you very much Steve for taking the wee girl into your home.
That is wonderful for Trina.
Brilliant news.
Jimmy and Celia.

1 2